Almanac is building an operating system for distributed collaboration to help remote teams get work done without needless meetings and distracting messages.
Almanac's editor integrates git-like version control, task-based workflows, and lightning-fast collaboration to enable professionals to work like the world's fastest developers.
Almanac is used by the world's leading remote-first companies like Remote, Levels, and Tandem, and is growing rapidly in verticals from professional services and law firms to academia and the Fortune 5000. Our open source docs community, the Almanac Core, has 5000 templates from 1000+ contributors used by 100K users per month.
We're now hiring a Product Marketing Manager to own product positioning across the company so that all of our messaging – webpages, emails, sales, ads, in-product guides, and more – speaks to the needs of our customers and anyone interested in more productive distributed work.
About The Role
We're looking for an ambitious, eloquent product marketer to work closely with our founders to define and refine our product positioning. In this role you will ensure that our communication speaks the language of our customers' jobs to be done, addresses customer pain points, and outlines product benefits.
We are building a generational challenger to Microsoft Office – a platform that will become the primary work surface for 100 millions of people. But a major challenge with such a broad product is that adoption happens in specific use-case-driven niches: documentation specialists, chiefs of staff, community managers, sales ops, and dozens more.
As we add each use case, we need to adapt Almanac's overarching vision – of an operating system for distributed collaboration – to that niche's jobs to be done, pain points, and benefits. We then need to constantly test and improve this positioning across different communications channels: landing pages, email, ads, sales outreach and pitches, content marketing and more.
To date, our founders have been paying the role of developing and owning this positioning, but we need a phenomenal product marketer to take this on as the "approver" for product positioning and copy across all of our channels.
Specifically, You Will
- Work with our founders, marketing team, and customers to develop and test product positioning for new user cases
- Own product positioning at Almanac, including review and approval of landing pages, emails, ads, social, sales outreach and pitches, content marketing and more
We're especially looking for a marketer who wants to define a new product category from within a high growth startup. Please apply if you have:
- 6+ years professional experience, 2 or more in a product marketing role
- Defined product positioning for a new product category
- Led the design and creation of a new website and/or landing pages for a growth stage company
- Conducted customer development and MVPs where you created positioning to validate segmentation, need and willingness to pay before a product is fully built
- Led user research interviews focused on understanding their jobs to be done and evaluating the effectiveness of product positioning
- Led the development and A/B testing to optimize landing page or website conversion
Skills That Make You Extraordinary
- An extraordinary ability to understand customer needs through research, interviews, "customer development" style selling, and A/B testing
- Brilliant, structured writing that would be at home on the website of the most polished, playful, and beloved brands you can think of
- A high-output, iterative, empirical approach to learning what resonates with potential customers
- A strong sense of visual design
- A passion for building and a desire for ownership and responsibility
At Almanac, we’re looking for structured thinkers full of passion, ambition, and kindness. We’d love for you apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your experience, skills, and interests will help you stand out—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Almanac, we welcome people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. Join us.
At Almanac, We
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we're still only at the start of the digital age.
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from your manager
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- Helping a small company grow 30%+ month-over-month
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery
Interviewing at Almanac
It’s our goal to provide an efficient, transparent interview experience that respects you and your time. Our roles typically have a four stage process (sometimes more) and we like to move through those as quickly as calendars allow.
After submitting your application you will hear from us whether you are a strong fit for the role or not! From here you can expect:
- An initial screen with our recruiter
- The opportunity to meet the hiring manager
- A technical exercise appropriate to the role
- A leadership interview with our CEO, Adam