At MADE.com we believe that everyone should have access to great design. So, we’ve taken a unique approach to making and selling furniture - no middlemen, no agents or importers. Instead we work directly with designers and manufacturers so we can offer high-end furniture and homewares at a fair price.
It’s not an easy task – it takes a creative and dedicated team to make it happen where everyone has an important part to play. We combine our individual passions and skills to create innovative work that’s as exciting and unconventional as the business itself. It’s a place where all ideas are listened to, where brainstorming means job titles get left at the door and where a self-starter can really make their mark.
This is Your Role
We launch new products each week, across lots of categories. Selling them with entertaining and informative copy – that’s down to our team. To support a peak in volume, we’re after an experienced copywriter/sub-editor to join our team. Working closely with the UK Ecommerce Sub-Editor and Buying Team, you’ll be the main point of contact for all UK product copy that’s assigned to you.
- Write all UK product copy for your assigned project/category, making sure products are described accurately, and in a way that’s engaging and on-brand
- For any products that already have copy provided, you’ll need to sub-edit text to MADE’s TOV and character count
- Support the UK Ecommerce Sub-Editor in managing a steady product copy workflow – ensuring that daily targets and copy deadlines are consistently met
- Work closely with the Buying Team – you’ll be their go-to person for all things product copy when it comes to this category
What you’ll need
- A creative mind. Original, must-click content is what we’re all about
- Impeccable written English and grammar (obvs)
- Demonstrable copywriting experience
- CMS experience is real a plus (we use Akeneo, btw)
- Experience with Project Management software (we use Asana), is also an advantage
- Experience working to strict deadlines and targets
- Ability to build strong working relationships with other teams within the business
- Super creative: ability to take functional copy and make it feel on-brand
- An interest in interiors is essential
Up your street? Apply with your portfolio for the opportunity to join our growing team in the heart of London!
MADE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone’s voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.