We’re a trusted partner for small business owners. We use technology and automation, alongside expert support, to provide a one-stop shop, comprehensive Platform for entrepreneurs to successfully launch, run and grow their business.
We are a fully remote unicorn company that is mission driven to helping other entrepreneurs and business owners realize their dream of creating and growing a successful business. In doing so, we hope to radically shift the business landscape by empowering more people to be their own boss and become financially independent. We recently closed a $200M C-round of funding, valuing the company at $1.7Bn.
Being part of ZenBusiness means being part of a community of problem-solvers, doers and strategic thinkers. We offer our employees flexible work schedules, paid time off, health, vision and dental benefits, life and disability insurance, and fun weekly virtual activities.
What This Role Is
ZenBusiness is seeking experienced content/copywriters to join the new Platform content team. This is a brand new initiative, where we are seeking to augment our Platform experience for newly forming companies through providing a customized program of dynamic, bite-sized (1-5 mins maximum per piece), interactive daily content - primarily for our (being built right now) mobile App.
Entrepreneurship is a minefield: compliance, taxes, legal documents, payments, websites, customer acquisition - many entrepreneurs form their company and then don’t know what to do next.
This content will have as its aim providing guidance and driving the customer to success step-by-step: first to their first $ and then success and growth beyond that.
The content will be part educational/practical and part mindset/focus orientated, instilling the right attitude to motivate the customer to keep going.
This daily content layer is also designed to drive engagement with the App.We firmly believe this new element of ZenBusiness’s service has the potential to be a game-changer in the world of entrepreneurship, much like Noom has done in the weight loss industry, for example (if applying it’s worth looking at their UX and UI as they do an excellent job of driving behavioral change and giving practical tips and guidance, all through bite-sized, interactive, well-written content).
The content will need to be relevant to each customer; both in terms of the content itself and the order in which it is presented. The path to success is very different for a tech-start up vs a part-time freelance designer, for example.
Similarly, we have customers with lots of prior business experience and many first timers too. There needs to be content that speaks to them both. This will require a large breadth of content and rules/data to determine which customers get which content journey.
With the above complexity in mind, you will need to be an experienced content writer. Ideally you will have experience in writing content for small businesses.
Alternatively, you could have a background in behavioral psychology and a proven record of ability to undertake research on a subject matter. You will need to be innovative in how the content is presented and how to create the interaction we desire, working closely with our design/UX team. You will also need to be able to customize the content for each customer based on a number of data sets.
What You Will Be Responsible For
- Writing engaging content focused on both educating and guiding the customer on their entrepreneurial journey, as well as driving behavioral change and enabling a motivated, focused mindset.
- Write the content in the selected design pattern: likely short-form, interactive, bite-sized
- Creating the first phase of content for release into the App, and building and iterating on that from thereon.
- Eventually it is envisioned that there will be thousands of individual pieces of content, enabling a truly personalized content journey..
- Testing engagement and interaction with content by different customer characteristics to better tailor the content to the individual customer.
- Ideally 5+ years of experience writing content.
- Experience of writing content to educate small businesses.
- If not, some element of behavioral psychology or similar would be desirable.
- Absent either of the above, the applicant will need to demonstrate an exceptional ability to research, understand and digest a new area of focus.
- Ability to work on a new experience from the ground up.
- The role requires people who can roll up their sleeves and get stuck into the challenge pretty quickly from the outset.
- You will write in a fresh, modern tone of voice: the content must be engaging, injecting some humor at times. We do not want dry articles on generic small business topics.
- Creativity and an ability to innovate: this is not your standard website landing page copy.
- Data literacy would be a useful attribute in customizing the content journey for individual customers.
Unless expressly indicated, this role is not open in the state of Colorado.