SmartBug Media™, a leading digital and content marketing agency, is seeking a freelance writer skilled in writing about photography and camera equipment (e.g., cables, cords, dongles, technology, and so on) for a short-term content writing project.
We need someone who can commit to delivering high-quality work in the form of blog articles, e-books, case studies, or infographics.
- Create high-quality, differentiated and compelling short-form and long-form copy
- Attend interviews on Zoom with clients and subject matter experts, if needed
- Write a minimum of 4 blog articles and longer-form content (titles and key points to be provided) over a 90-day period
- Write in Chicago or Associated Press styles as needed
- Be willing and able to take feedback on your writing and pivot or revise as necessary
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship is required
- Has experience writing about photography and camera equipment (e.g., cables, cords, dongles, technology, and so on)
- Understands the goals and challenges of photographers
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills
- A meticulous approach to grammar, spelling, blog structure, and providing the highest-quality, cleanest, most concise copy possible
- The ability to research topics and include relevant statistics, data, references, and citations—including those related to COVID-19 and the recession
- An uncompromising approach to hitting deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite is required
- Experience working remotely in similar roles is strongly preferred
- Phone screening
- Video call with VP of Creative
- Spec article writing test
About SmartBug Media™
SmartBug Media™ is a globally recognized Intelligent Inbound™ marketing agency that assists businesses in growing revenue through content marketing, sales enablement, web development, marketing automation, and PR. For more than 10 years, SmartBug™ has helped businesses increase qualified leads, close customers, and enhance the reach and loyalty of their brands. We’re one of a handful of HubSpot Diamond partners in the world, the highest-rated agency in the history of the HubSpot ecosystem, and were named HubSpot's Global Partner of the Year in 2018. With five Comparably awards won in 2018 and certification as a "Great Place to Work" for the second year in a row, it's clear that it's not just our clients that like us.