NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
This is a part-time project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 12 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The writer will work the overnight shift for ProFootballTalk.com, covering breaking news in the NFL
- Work the overnight shift, usually around 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. Eastern Time.
- Write short posts that cover breaking news in the NFL.
- Produce clean copy that can be posted directly to the site without needing to be edited.
- 1+ years of experience writing about football.
- A good working knowledge of how to gather news from social media, particularly Twitter.
- Ability to work independently.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
- Passion for writing, and for the NFL.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.