Your role in a nutshell: The Close (a leading website for real estate agents and brokers) is looking for an eagle-eyed Online Content Editor to push the quality of our in-depth, actionable articles. Strong candidates will have proven expertise in strengthening content for high-volume and high-visibility websites, plus enthusiasm for helping real estate agents and brokers take their careers to the next level.
This position includes
- Editing long-form (2,000+ word) articles and guides daily from our freelancers and Close Content Producers
- Providing thoughtful feedback to ensure all our content is easy-to-read, well optimized for search engines, and on brand
- Maintaining our content runways and publishing calendars, and coordinating with the marketing team so they can promote our content effectively
Our Mission: To deliver the best answers to real estate questions.
The Close is a new kind of real estate site designed to give agents, teams, and brokerages actionable, strategic insight from industry professionals. We cover real estate marketing, lead generation, technology, and team-building strategies from the perspective of working agents and brokers who want to take their business to the next level. We’ve quickly grown our site in the last two years, building an email list of over 55,000 agents and driving over 350,000 pageviews each month.
Our parent site, Marc Waring Ventures / Fit Small Business, has been named to Inc. 500's list of America’s fastest-growing private companies. Part of the team of 80+ people is in our NYC headquarters, near Grand Central. Others are distributed across the U.S., and the Philippines.
Does this sound like you?
As the online content editor:
- You have at least 3 years of experience editing for online publications with a track record of success
- You care deeply about content quality and strive to make each article as strong as it can be
- You have experience with online tools such as WordPress, G Suite, and Slack
- You are organized, self-motivated, and able to manage your time with little oversight
- You like collaborative environments, you’re open to feedback, and you strive to learn something new every day
- You are passionate about helping emerging agents, teams, and brokerages succeed
- You are comfortable working in a startup environment where things change quickly
- Bonus points if you have worked in real estate or worked with real estate content in the past
- Edit all incoming articles from freelancers and staff
- Ensure all our articles are hitting our high-quality standards with proper grammar, an approachable tone, and adequate comprehensiveness
- Review keyword-optimized articles for proper search engine optimization
- Provide thoughtful feedback to our writers to strengthen future content
- Maintain content runways and our publishing calendar, and communicate effectively with the marketing team so they can plan for content promotion
- Note: This role does not include direct reports, but it is a collaborative role and relies on participation in weekly team meetings with our close-knit team!
The best candidates for this Online Content Editor role will enjoy working with a content-focused company that is constantly looking to improve our reader experience. You will have a reliable attention to detail, and perhaps most importantly, you are a passionate advocate for our ambitious real estate community.