Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvent strength training, making it more efficient, more effective and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
Tonal is looking for a passionate and experienced Nutrition Writer to execute high-quality content across multiple platforms, helping Tonal become a source of cutting-edge health and fitness knowledge. Charged with pitching, writing, editing, and strategizing, the Nutrition Writer will craft compelling nutrition stories, pitch creative franchises that leverage our incredible roster of coaches, translate and distill down nutrition research, develop recipes and own nutrition shoots, and collaborate with creatives to make content that educates members and prospects while elevating the Tonal brand and our science-driven approach to strength and conditioning.
What You Will Do
- Brainstorm and pitch short-lead stories and long-lead content packages that educate existing members, raise awareness of Tonal's world-class technology, and serve readers on their health and fitness journeys
- Write various types of content from basic nutrition explainers to service-packed stories, to longer reported features on nutrition
- Stay abreast of nutrition research and what’s new and trending in the nutrition industry and show an ability to find brand-specific angles on relevant topics
- Translate editorial stories into content that can live across multiple platforms including in-app experiences, social media, community, and more
- Work closely with internal and external writers, contributors, influencers, and experts
- Write attention-grabbing headlines and compelling copy that reaches our current members and/or attracts new users
- Partner with colleagues on the Content, Marketing, and Strength Institute teams on content packages and marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with our analytics team and use data to inform story ideas while flexing creativity on packaging and optimizing for search
Who You Are
- A minimum of 5 years working in a fast-paced digital media or editorial environment touching nutrition content
- A self-starter and writer with a background in nutrition and a network of nutrition and performance experts
- A go-getter who’s game to experiment with content, test new types of storytelling, while relying on basic foundational principles of service journalism.
- Ability to contribute to the overall content flow, crushing the necessary daily tasks while eagerly conceptualizing bigger projects
- A confident team player with experience working closely with experts in the nutrition and health and fitness space
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and work simultaneously on multiple projects with a positive, go-getter attitude
- Experience working within a CMS and utilizing other digital platforms and analytical tools for content creation
- Exposure to video-based content and an understanding of how to leverage it across multiple platforms
- General comfort with capturing photo and video content or collaborating with photo and video creatives on shoots
- A zeal for evangelizing our mission to improve lives through our technology and content both internally and externally
- A Bachelor's degree is required
Advanced nutrition certifications are preferred
At Tonal, we believe that the unique and varied lived experiences of our teammates contribute to our overall strength. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, and we always seek people that represent a wide variety of backgrounds. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and designing employee experiences that contribute to your growth as much as you do to ours. If your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), send us your application. We would love to hear from you!
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.