The Weather Channel, an IBM company, is looking for a creative, skilled writer/editor with a track record of successfully reaching and retaining audiences to help launch and grow a new newsletter initiative.
The ideal candidate is someone with a strong point of view and authorial voice. You should also feel comfortable with science writing and be able to easily digest complex scientific information to a large audience in ways that click with them and are uniquely you. We are looking for someone who brings ideas to the table daily and can react to the mercurial nature of weather in ways that help our audience learn and stay informed.
This is an opportunity to marry the might of the audience of the biggest brand in weather with an individual voice that the audience will come to grow and love.
It’s also an opportunity to build something from the ground up with a high level of creative control. You will work daily with the editorial team at weather.com and also alongside product and marketing teams to help maximize the growth of newsletters and other key KPIs.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Ideate and write newsletter(s).
- React and respond to key KPIs to drive growth and retention of newsletters.
- Work with product and editorial teams to improve the quality of newsletters over time.
- Respond to breaking news and formulate newsletter opportunities to solve user problems.
- May occasionally write non-newsletter material for weather.com.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of experience writing (ideally newsletters) for an audience and/or:
- A portfolio of writing samples that demonstrates exceptional voice and aptitude.
- Comfort working in a high-stress breaking news environment
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- A loyal or growing newsletter audience
- Experience in a newsroom
- Experience Working With Braze Or Other Newsletter Messaging Tools
- Experience with analytics tools, preferably amplitude