Narcity Media is a digital-only media publication that owns and operates Narcity.com and Mtlblog.com. We connect with millions of millennials monthly on our websites, social channels, and apps.
We are a group of passionate individuals who are devoted to creating the best content for our readers and clients. We are on a mission to revolutionize local news and travel globally.
Narcity Media is looking for a motivated and experienced Newsletter Editor to join our rapidly expanding Content team. The Newsletter Editor will report directly to The Director of Content, and will play a pivotal role in our daily operations by managing the production, strategy and growth of our portfolio of newsletters.
We are seeking a bilingual Newsletter Editor who is capable of driving content, expanding our audience, and propelling strong open rates. You must have a great eye for curation, be a clean copywriter and have experience growing newsletter reach and engagement.
The right person should have experience in content curation and copywriting, as well as growing newsletter reach and engagement. Lastly, The Newsletter Editor should be passionate about working both independently as well as alongside like-minded creatives on an enthusiastic team.
1. Strengthen the Content Divisions OKRs and Objectives
- Deliver high-quality newsletter content in a timely manner, ideally in both English and French.
- Maintain a positive and flexible attitude as the company continues to evolve and expand its mission.
- Work directly with the editorial team on content execution, improvements, and feedback when necessary.
- Maintain high-quality work while meeting ambitious goals.
- Representing Narcity Media’s values online and offline.
2. Expand Our Audience Rapidly
- Create and maintain a portfolio of newsletters that highlight and innovate on our top content.
- Curate an array of articles and initiatives that will most appeal to our readership.
- Execute the strategy for increasing our newsletter subscription base and open rates in partnership with our UX & Growth specialists.
- Ideas for personalization opportunities to improve engagement with subscribers.
- Demonstrate creativity in testing new formats and strategies for newsletters and schedule regular A/B tests to improve clickthrough rates.
- Collaborate with the Data and Growth team to build our reporting dashboards and provide regular updates on the growth of key metrics.
- Identify, write and edit compelling subject lines and newsletter copy to drive strong engagement.
- Exceptional verbal and written English skills.
- Fluently bilingual candidates with French are preferred.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in marketing or communications.
- Ideally a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or a related field.
- Professional experience using newsletter creation platforms and software (OneSignal, Mailchimp, Hubspot etc.). No coding experience required.
- Proven ability to write snappy copy that delights and informs.
- Availability to work a full-time schedule Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm EST.
- Flexible: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Intelligent: Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Strategic: Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through a comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Enthusiastic: Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
This is a permanent position based anywhere in the United States or Canada, we are flexible first at Narcity Media! Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We offer many perks such as a remote office fund, wellness fund, phone and internet allowance, extensive benefits package, and a competitive salary.
More About Us
The name Narcity comes from the belief that we should all be narcissists for our city. Narcity is the spark that connects you with the awesome city where you live. Every single day, you can discover; what's new, what's now, and what's next, and the tools you need to uncover the people, places, and passions that power your city.
Why do what we do every day? Because your city matters.
If this resonates with who you are, take the first step and apply, we can’t wait to talk with you!