KTVL is looking for a Director/Editor. Applicant will also assist fill-in for directors/editors when needed. Responsibilities will also include maintaining studio, control room and green room. Perform other tasks related to the position as assigned. You should have strong editing skills in non-linear edit systems, possess excellent people skills, a strong work ethic, and a great attitude. A passion for story telling is absolutely essential in this position.
- Direct newscasts using Overdrive
- Use control room for any assigned productions
- Maintain production studio and control room
- Perform other tasks related to the position as assigned
- Editing video for daily news coverage, special projects, and sweep period pieces
- Taking in news feeds from news bureaus and various news organizations
- Collaborating with anchors, reporters, and producers on video elements of newscasts
- Meeting daily deadlines in a high-energy working environment.
- Experience using Overdrive is a huge plus
- Knowledge of Avid NewsCutter XP editing technology is a plus
- Directing and TDing newscasts
- Knowledge of production standards and equipment
- Ability to clearly give direction to crew while under pressure
- Typing and good spelling skills necessary
- Ability to work with a multitude of people and personalities while maintaining a professional work environment.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!