In 2019, Future acquired SmartBrief, a leading digital B2B publisher of targeted business news and information. Serving more than 6 million senior executives, thought leaders, and industry professionals, SmartBrief filters thousands of sources daily to deliver the most relevant industry news in partnership with more than 180 trade associations, professional societies, nonprofits and corporate entities. SmartBrief focuses on enriching their audience’s lives through the delivery of pertinent news and content and we are really excited about the partnership and the continued growth of our B2B media offering. Visit www.smartbrief.com for details.
SmartBrief is seeking a part-time searcher/writer to produce e-mail newsletters that summarize news about a wide range of industries for a B2B audience. Candidates, which can be based in the US or UK, would need to be available to start work at 7 a.m. ET Monday through Friday and work 20 to 25 hours per week.
Qualified candidates must have a news background, have written or edited professionally for at least 3-5 years, and be able to produce high-quality content while balancing multiple daily deadlines. Comfort with the basics of business writing is a must.
The ideal candidate will be ready to become an expert on the trends and topics important to industry professionals. Industries covered include infrastructure, finance, energy, advertising, transportation, food, retail and technology.
Candidates must have the ability to independently manage their time amid sometimes competing priorities. And they must work well as part of a team, including pitching in when there is a need and trying new things when opportunities arise.
Applicants may be asked to complete a writing or editing test.
- Search for stories using our proprietary content management system to be included in SmartBrief newsletters. Write two-sentence story summaries using the ideal grammar, style and tone for a particular audience.
- Manage multiple deadlines as needed.
- Strong news judgement
- Clear understanding of how to find news and information
- Proven writing and editing skills and comfort with using online publishing tools.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately on deadline, starting at 7 a.m. ET, Monday through Friday.
- Knowledge of Associated Press style.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- 401k match
- Employee Staff Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Flexible Spend Account (FSA)
- A share in our success – every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free food (monthly munchies, bagel Fridays, fresh fruit & snacks and coffee and tea on tap)
- Central office locations with cool open plan working spaces. We operate a flexible working plan and are COVID secure
- Gym discounts
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Discounted gym membership and onsite health & wellbeing (yoga at lunch anyone?!)
- Annual Future conference – get together with your colleagues to celebrate success and look forward to what’s next
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleague
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
We’re Future. We’re 2300 colleagues over 200 brands speaking to 400 million people every month across the globe through websites, events and magazines. We haven’t just survived in 2020, we’ve thrived, increasing our audience share, taking more number one positions, acquiring new businesses and launching new brands.
And we don’t plan on stopping any time soon.
We’ve got an ambitious plan for 2021 that will build on our growth momentum and unlock new opportunities. We’re calling it Future 3.0 and we’re looking for talented people who want to be a part of it.
Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business, we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers.