Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is looking for a Content Writer to join our CNET How-To team. CNET is a premium source for news and advice, ranging from technology to culture, personal finance, health and more. This role will focus on reporting stories that break down and explain complicated public policy news and current events that bubble up to the national spotlight.
The reporter will be responsible for identifying, researching, and writing FAQs, explainers and other stories on a variety of topics. Stories will be fact-based and well-sourced, with an apolitical voice, and written for a broad audience. You’ll work within a team of writers, and collaborate closely with writers from other CNET groups.
We’re looking for a motivated, whip-smart writer with newsroom or commensurate experience who can write accurately under deadline pressure, is comfortable contributing as a team player and on an individual basis, and who is passionate about service journalism.
What You’ll Do
- Research, pitch, and write FAQs, explainers and other news-driven how-to stories on a variety of topics
- Update stories across the How-To category
- Help spearhead new initiatives
- Collaborate with and support How-Tos across CNET’s teams
- Edit colleagues’ stories as needed
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years professional newsroom or commensurate experience
- Skilled at writing clear, intelligent copy under deadline
- Top-notch reporting and sourcing skills
- Adept at quickly going in-depth on a new topic, while being able to explain complicated concepts in a way that anyone can understand
- Attentive to detail, analytical, able to connect the dots
- Adaptable to quickly changing dynamics and an ability to think on your feet
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently
- A team player who can collaborate with and take direction from others
- SEO savvy and familiarity with AP style strongly preferred
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment.
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate.