Synchrony Group is an independently owned network of companies, headquartered in West Chester, PA.
At Synchrony, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality products and services in the medical communications industry. Our vision is to create the highest value for our clients and the most opportunity for our team members, while working together to improve the lives of patients.
Collectively, we are leaders in strategic planning, development, and execution of best-in-class programs that address medical needs, maximize strategic objectives, and make significant scientific and clinical contributions. Our passion and commitment to improving outcomes for our clients, healthcare professionals, and patients drives us to exceed expectations in everything we do.
Synchrony consists of integrated groups of medical-scientific, clinical, creative, commercial, and industry experts. Synchrony Healthcare Communications specializes in branded and disease state marketing/promotional campaigns and initiatives.
Our teams reflect our commitment to excellence—we’re smart, enthusiastic, and driven. We align the skills, experiences, and perspectives of diverse individuals to achieve unparalleled results in an environment of respect and mutual support. Above all, we are passionate about changing the world and improving the lives of patients.
Our success is built on the foundation of our team, and we’re always striving to strengthen our foundation. More than just seeking out the best and brightest to join us, we also create a work environment in which employees are respected and encouraged to grow.
Are you looking to be part of something great? We’d like to meet you!
Under the direction of the Senior Medical Director, and working closely with the Creative Services, Editorial Services, and Project Management departments, the Medical Writer will write original content and revise existing content for branded and unbranded medical and promotional communications tactics and activities for healthcare professional (HCP) and patient audiences.
The Medical Writer will demonstrate a command of relevant therapeutic areas and assigned products and will follow all internal processes and procedures with regard to workflow, development of deliverables, and adherence to industry best practices and guidelines.
- Demonstrate a command of assigned therapeutic areas and products
- Write original content for branded and unbranded medical and promotional communications tactics and activities
- Examples include content for disease state and branded presentations, content for sales force materials, as well as content for HCP and patient educational material/brochures, videos, websites, and other multimedia initiatives
- Prepare or revise materials according to internal writing guidelines and any other applicable guidelines (eg, client-specific style, industry guidelines)
- Follow all internal processes and procedures with regard to workflow, development of deliverables, and adherence to industry best practices
- Demonstrate the flexibility/adaptability necessary to function on different therapeutic teams as needed
- Maintain a proactive approach on initiatives for existing and prospective clients
- Work in conjunction with Account Services and Project Management departments to develop and adhere to logical and attainable timelines for project completion
- Attend team meetings to provide input and aid in troubleshooting/problem-solving
- Liaise with Medical Services, Editorial Services, Account Services, and Project Management departments as necessary for guidance
- Liaise with manager and members of the Account Services and Project Management departments as necessary to discuss workload and timeline issues
- Collate and incorporate client comments or comments from internal team
- Fact-check and annotate materials for quality assurance and preparation for client medical/regulatory review, including preparation and submission of material into electronic review systems
- Attend client review committee meetings and apply resulting comments while maintaining the integrity and purpose of the material
- Attend advisory boards, roundtables, teleconference interviews, etc, to record and summarize meeting output in a formal report
- Assist Editorial Services with writing and high-level editorial tasks as needed
- Keep core teams informed of status of ongoing projects
- Perform other duties as requested
Internal and External Relationships
- Collaborate with management and internal and external personnel to produce quality work within established timelines
- Work as part of a team to ensure that it is meeting company goals and objectives, and adhering to corporate values
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, clients, and others
- Exhibit professional manner in dealing with others; work to maintain constructive working relationships
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Solid critical thinking, medical editing and medical writing skills
- Ability to develop a clear point of view and tell a meaningful “story”
- Exceptional organizational skills with adeptness at multitasking
- Flexibility and adaptability to change; ability to work under time constraints
- Effective attention to detail and high degree of scientific and medical accuracy
- Ability to identify key issues and to creatively and strategically overcome challenges or obstacles
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- High level of integrity, ethics, confidentially, and accountability
- Ability to interact effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage outcomes to win-win resolution
- Ability to master various content management systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- PhD in a science-related discipline, PharmD, or MD
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and clearly communicate scientific information
- Familiarity with the medical communications industry
- 1-2 years’ experience as a medical writer in medical communications
- Minimal travel required (<10%)
- Overtime as required
Synchrony places high value on the well-being of its employees; therefore, Synchrony team members are eligible for a comprehensive array of benefits, including competitive salaries, generous paid time off, excellent health insurance, family leave, and a 401(k) plan with employer matching.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EOE. Synchrony is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this role.