Founded in 2013, NovaSignal Corp. is a medical technology company whose mission is to save lives by unlocking the hidden power of blood flow data. We get up every day with the goal of making the world a better place by improving the lives of people suffering from brain driven diseases such as stroke.
Our FDA-cleared, AI-driven, robotic ultrasound system is revolutionizing healthcare and will help millions of people across the globe as we continue to expand our reach. We are looking for people to join our rapidly growing team who are not afraid to roll up their sleeves, get to work, and make a difference in the world!
If you are someone who is looking to make a big impact, partner with outstanding talent, and take your career to the next level, we encourage you to join us! You would be an excellent fit if you pride yourself in being a self-starter, adaptable, highly organized, big thinker, analytical, and have a strong eye for detail.
About The Role
The Medical Writer plans and executes general medical writing activities and systematic literature reviews for assigned therapeutic area and projects within Medical Science, Research and Innovations.
As a Medical Writer, You Will
- Participate in the planning and executing general medical writing activities and systematic literature reviews for assigned therapeutic area
- Prepare, write, and edit creditable systematic literature reviews through the creation of protocols and reports in order to synthesize and analyze the clinical data from medical and scientific publications reporting on a range of medical devices
- Participate in core process steps for systematic literature reviews including search, screen, data extraction, analysis, and synthesis of the literature
- Extract data from included studies, interpret study results, synthesize literature, and prepare summaries into formal reports
- Organize clinical data from literature into references, graphics, tables, and data listings
- Critically synthesize clinical data being considered for presentation in the final report
- Perform scientific writing of the synthesized literature using templates
- Interpret and summarize complex results from the medical and scientific literature and present them in clear, concise, and scientifically accurate manner to various end users requiring the ability understand and interpret statistical results of clinical studies
- Present the results of systematic literature reviews at internal meetings
- Collaborate with other Medical Science/Education, Research and Innovations team members including Technical Specialists and Project Managers as applicable to gather information (timelines, projects, documents)
- Adhere to timeliness for systematic literature reviews within assigned project
- Communicate with cross-functional business partners such as Medical/Scientific Directors, Post Market Surveillance, Design Quality Engineers, R&D, and Regulatory Affairs to identify the necessary clinical and technical information for assigned project
- Demonstrate an understanding in assigned therapeutic areas, provide expertise in device technology, interpret clinical research methodology and study design, ensure compliance with medical device regulations globally, and escalate any new or emerging risks
- Ensure documents are produced in accordance with procedures, internal and external guidelines (e.g. MEDDEV 2.7.1), and electronic templates.
- Conduct scientific and medical writing and/or critically edit the deliverables (e.g. protocols and reports) from medical writing staff.
What You Bring
- M.S., M.D., PhD educational level (Medical Device/Life Sciences)
- Strong knowledge of Clinical and Scientific Research Methodology
- Strong knowledge and experience in Professional Medical Writing (Medical/Clinical; Regulatory; and Safety)
- Excellent communication skills (writing and verbal) in English
- Work experience in R&D and/or Device Development in Medical Device and/or Pharmaceutical companies
- Has published, peer-reviewed studies/literature in scientific and/or medical journals preferred
NovaSignal Corp. takes pride in their employees and offers a variety benefits, wellness programs, and company perks including:
- Highly competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401(K) matching
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible PTO
- Paid Holiday and Sick Days
- Team Bonding Events
- Promotions from Within
NovaSignal is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.