Communications + Training + Healthcare.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced, in-house Medical Writer. Equivalent titles at other agencies may include Medical Writer, or Senior Medical Writer.
We're looking for high-potential people who are ready for an accelerated opportunity not constrained by formal tracks.
Flywheel (flywheelpartners.com) is a fast-growing creative communications agency that supports top healthcare companies with strategic consulting, innovative marketing and sales training services. Our clients are pharmaceutical, medical device, and biotech ventures that seek more effective engagement with their customers. Flywheel helps make that happen.
We are intelligent, intense, inspired and looking for the right people to help take our business to the next level. Flywheel is headquartered in New York with satellite operations in the Boston area. This position is for our NYC office.
Come be amazing.
- An early-career professional with an advanced degree (MS, PhD) in biomedical or life sciences (e.g., biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, pharmacology, biomedical engineering)
- Prior experience in a clinical or basic science laboratory
- Expert knowledge in a disease state or therapeutic area, preferably oncology, rare disease, radiopharmaceuticals, diagnostics, and/or biomedical imaging
You are seeking…
- An agile, fast-paced, diverse, and collaborative working environment
- A multifaceted role on a multidisciplinary team
You want to…
- Communicate scientific + medical ideas to various non-scientist audiences
- Apply your innate curiosity to new and challenging scenarios
- Learn new skills, particularly in marketing, training, strategy, and communications
- Develop accurate, effective, and engaging medical content to meet client and audience needs
- Ensure accuracy and reference support of medical content
- Copy edit and proofread a variety of print and digital materials
- Communicate progress reports to clients, answer content questions, and provide guidance
- Work within a multi-functional account team to develop innovative marketing, training, and educational programs
What’s in It for You?
You will collaborate with a team of smart and friendly people. You will take ownership of your work and be constantly challenged. You will learn how to manage others. If you rise to the challenges of your position, you will grow personally and professionally, do more, and be rewarded.
Job offers competitive pay with benefits based on experience and qualifications.
Desired Skills and Experience
We seek highly motivated individuals with a track record of professional achievement who can bring intellectual curiosity, determination, and creativity to our client work.
You must have the following qualifications
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD) in life science, healthcare, or medical/science writing is required
Content Direction + Development
- Ability to quickly develop expertise in new therapeutic areas and create impactful content for materials of various medical depth tailored to the audience
- Clear, concise writing style
- Copyediting and proofreading skills
- Exacting attention to detail and factual accuracy
Client, Team, and Project Management
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Superior organization skills
- High proficiency in Word and PowerPoint; a curiosity for technology
- Ability to work on a high-performance, fast-paced team in a constantly changing work environment.