Salary: £Competitive (dependent on experience) + excellent benefits (pension, healthcare, life insurance, bonus etc.)
Location: London, Oxford, Knutsford, Brighton or Manchester. We will also consider remote based writers across the UK.
About The Role
A Fishawack Medical Writer researches, writes, edits and prepares high-quality material for a variety of customised medical communications initiatives. A keen interest in medical science and writing, coupled with an ability to work to strict deadlines and specifications is essential. In return, Fishawack will offer you excellent job benefits, on-going career opportunities and a supportive & flexible working environment.
About Fishawack Health
Fishawack Health (FH) is a leading global commercialization partner for the biopharmaceutical, medical technology, and wellness industries.
The future of health is fast-paced and complex, demanding a different approach. Established in 2001, our 1,300+ healthcare experts combine their knowledge and expertise across our 4 core disciplines — Consulting; Medical; Value, Evidence and Access; and Marketing.
Working across the product and service lifecycle, together with our teammates in shared creative teams (Creative Studio, Editorial Services, Motion, Digital, Events, and Media) and Group Services, we engage our collective force to innovate and solve the complex healthcare challenges of today and tomorrow.
We live and breathe our five values in everything we do: We are authentic. We value difference. We play for the team. We own the challenge. We enjoy the journey. At Fishawack Health, we imagine a healthier world and build the connections to make it happen.
What you'll Do
** **As a Medical Writer you will be responsible for developing and delivering original, accurate, high-quality content (manuscripts, slides, and other editorial assignments) within the project specifications, timeline, and budget.
This Will Involve
- Liaising with clients, authors and colleagues to progress projects effectively,
- Attending congresses, symposia and advisory board meetings as required and liaising with speakers and clients
- Providing input on project specifications, costings and schedules, working with the internal account team to ensure projects are delivered to time and budget
- Providing good briefings to colleagues and freelancers
- Actively participating in account development meetings to grow repeat business
- Mentoring new writers (depending on individual, level of experience and opportunity)
- Bachelor’s degree in the life sciences required; post-graduate qualification e.g. MSc, MPhil or PhD an advantage
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Proficiency in Internet and PubMed searches
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and as part of a team
What We Offer
Fishawack Health aims to empower every employee to develop and thrive. We empower our team with the tools, skills, and support needed to think differently and to solve healthcare’s most complex challenges.
At the center of our people-led culture is our Career Experience team, whose mission is to provide every employee with a purpose-driven career. We also pride ourselves on our personalized learning approach to ensure you receive the training you need to help you grow within the company and take advantage of our global scale and scope.
We are committed to embedding diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our organization to encourage diversity of thought, inclusive behavior, and innovative solutions. As part of our commitment to building a healthier world, every employee is also encouraged to participate in our community engagement efforts, which support a wide range of healthcare programs and wellbeing causes worldwide.
We have offices in 19 city hubs across North America, Europe, and Asia, geared toward collaborating, training, socializing, and coming together as a global organization while maintaining and fully supporting flexible working practices. Our compensation and benefits package is benchmarked across the industry. We offer a generous company pension/retirement plan, private medical insurance, comprehensive employee wellbeing initiatives, compelling time-off policy, plus many other excellent employee benefits.
We'll consider any reasonable adjustments you'd like us to put in place in the interests of fairness and equal opportunities.