The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Senior Medical Writer you will be responsible for the research, creating, and editing documents along with presentations in support of a variety of scientific programs as assigned to a particular therapeutic area. As Medical Writer you will collaborate with the Medical Director in the development of scientific communications and material such as slides, advisory board reports, monographs, etc.
Here, You Will Make An Impact By
Analyzing and interpreting complex scientific data to translate it into clinical and commercial settings.
- Primary creator of content/writing work
- Assist with deliverable annotation process
- Develop medical communications material (slides, handouts, etc) and supporting materials (speaker notes, moderator guides, etc) for advisory board meetings, promotional presentations, symposia, educational videos
- Proactively performs and analyzes literature searches including medical research regarding clinical data and key scientific information for content development projects to meet the client’s needs for relevant, up-to-date, and accurate content
- Comprehend and utilize evidenced-based medical literature in a logical fashion, including the levels of evidence and essential components of performance measures, clinical practice guidelines, disease information, or other information needed by MCORE staff
- Collaborate and assist multimedia personnel on illustrations, animations, and creative applications of medical and scientific information
- Prepare medical communications material for client medical/legal review
- Attend advisory board meetings, take notes, prepare executive summaries/reports, and highlight actionable insights as needed by Medical Director
Who You Are
- Advanced degree, PhD, PharmD, PsyD, etc, in a medical science-related field preferred, or
- Minimum 1+ year(s) of experience in medical communications with a pharmaceutical company or medical communications agency required with
- Experience with medical, legal, and regulatory reviews preferred
- Experience in promotional communications to healthcare professionals preferred
- Experience in medical education, scientific/research design, evaluation, analysis, clinical experience/insights, preferred
- Pharmaceutical, medical device, or other healthcare-related experience preferred
- Candidate must reside in the United States.