Vori Health is on a mission to empower humanity to lead its healthiest life. We believe that great health holds the keys to unlocking personal potential.
Our goal is to deliver high-value virtual and in-person care that enables a path to better health. Our human-centered approach, starting with musculoskeletal care, combines innovations in technology with integrated care to cultivate a community of support and an effective setting for both restorative and preventative healthcare.
About the Role
Vori Health is a leader in musculoskeletal care and is on the lookout for a top-notch writer with clinical expertise and a deep interest in improving healthcare. We’re searching for an excellent scientific story-teller to help sculpt Vori Health’s digital publications into sought-after resources for health information.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer that offers competitive compensation and incredible benefits and perks—not to mention a team of smart, friendly people, and positive energy. We practice what we preach, walk the talk, and care deeply about transforming the norms of healthcare today for a healthier humanity tomorrow.
The Medical/Health Writer will be a highly motivated, results-oriented professional who will develop and execute response-generating and timely medical content to fuel the growth of Vori Health’s digital publications.
- Work with content team to identify topics of interest to Vori Health readers; keep up with current trends and news that may influence copy.
- Research topics in-depth ranging from musculoskeletal health (statistics, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment of common injuries and conditions) to lifestyle optimizations (nutrition, fitness, and behavioral health).
- Write engaging and persuasive articles that translate complicated clinical information into digestible, behavior-changing insights for Vori Health readers. Use best practices to generate accurate, evidence-based copy, utilizing scholarly resources for references. Generate 3-5 articles per week ranging from 200-750 words, on average.
- Work with content team to prepare articles for publishing and ensure copy 1) meets Vori Health’s standards of medical accuracy, 2) is optimized for SEO, and 3) is a fun and educational read!
- Significant experience writing medical and scientific content for general public consumption.
- Experience writing for SEO and digital publications.
- Capable of researching, documenting, and citing from major data sources, including PubMed, in own words.
- Ability to communicate complicated medical and scientific information to lay population.
- Clinical background is a huge plus.
- Own the copy creation process from start to finish, incorporating input from all stakeholders.
- Be comfortable adapting tone and voice to various audiences.
- Easefully interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy.
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects with short deadlines.
- Have excellent grammar skills.
- Years of relevant experience: Minimum of 5 to 7
- Education required/preferred: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in English, Communications or associated discipline.