We are growing! And we’re looking for an amazing person to join our marketing team. This position is best suited for a skilled storyteller, experienced in SaaS and/or video industry. We’re looking for an individual who’s able to talk the talk, but also occasionally manage content like publishing and editing contributing articles.
The perfect person for this position will be a content creator who can turn words into readable chocolate, with a strong sense of strategic direction. We do have a solid strategy in place, but this is a fast-growing market, so the trends are quick to shift and we need to be able to confidently refocus when needed.
Our team is incredibly smart, passionate, supportive, skilled, open to learning, happy to take constructive criticism and use it to level up. We’re looking for someone who can match that energy.
About The Role
This person will work directly with our content marketing team and by splitting the workload and expediting delivery, focusing roughly 80% of the time on creating various pieces of content, like blog posts, ebooks and landing pages. The remaining 20% will be split between managing and editing contributing articles, with a small piece allocated for some miscellaneous tasks and team meetings.
This is a full-time remote position and is not suited for a digital nomad lifestyle. We require a steady internet connection and a mandatory overlap of working hours with the rest of the team.
- 3+ years of experience writing (with writing samples to support)
- Experience in SaaS (as a writer, editor or content manager)
- Experience with SEO and keyword research is a must
- Impeccable sense of grammar and punctuation (American English)
- Creative writing style and ability to generate excitement in a copy (take a potato and turn it into Pringles)
- A fully functioning workstation and a quiet place to work (with their own laptop)
- Able to overlap at least 4 hours with our distributed team: from 6 AM to noon ET
- Quick to learn and able to understand audiences
- Able to work independently
- Native or near-native English speaker
- A confident decision-maker who bases decisions on hard evidence and numbers (‘Trust me bro’ doesn’t count)
- Overall a kind and fun person 🙂
Ideal Candidate (not required)
- Experience writing / editing scripts for videos and podcasts is good to have but not a disqualifier
- Experience in video industry or OTT in general (Nice to have but not a deal-breaker)
- Good sense of content trends
- Ability to predict and identify gaps in the market
- Full-time (40 hours per week).
- 100% Remote – Work from anywhere (OK, almost anywhere…), as long as you are able to work your scheduled hours and attend team meetings.
- 20 paid days off per year (eligible after your first 90-days)
- 2 Company Holidays
- Remote Office Equipment Reimbursement (up to $500 USD)
- Budget for personal development
- Co-working stipend (based on location/need/safety due to global pandemic)
How To Apply
- Click the Apply Now button
- We review the applications and email candidates who qualify for the second round
- The qualified candidates will be asked to do a test task: usually a video of yourself answering a few questions
- After we review the submissions, we will organize a Skype interview with the successful candidates
Uscreen is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.
The determination to move applicants forward in our hiring process will be based on how the candidates’ skills, qualifications, knowledge, and experience meet the requirements of the position as outlined in this job posting.
Please note that due to the large number of applications received, that we are thrilled about, we are only able to respond to qualified candidates at this time. Should you be selected to move forward in the recruiting process you will be notified within 2-weeks of your submission.
Location: International, overlap at least 4 hours from 6 AM to 12 PM Eastern Time