At Aerial Applications, our vision is to make the physical world knowable. We do this by making software to rapidly create maps and share those maps collaboratively.
Aerial Applications is a software company that uses drones and artificial intelligence to create maps that provide real-time situational intelligence to first responders. Our goal is to create the software backbone for fully autonomous mobile systems operating as machine constituents in the future of work.
If you love the idea of working in an emerging field with cutting edge technology and solving massive problems, this is a great company for you.
Aerial Applications is seeking a persuasive Technical Writer/Researcher to join our Government Contracting team. You will be responsible for researching technologies and businesses and creating compelling, customer-centric copy in support of government RFPs. This will include technical copy covering the drone industry, our specific solutions, and trends in our target customer industries - you'll learn everything you ever wanted to know about AI, drones, and other cutting-edge green technologies.
We are a rapidly growing company and plenty of opportunities for career development as you grow with us. This position is remote or in-person at our Austin, TX office.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary is commensurate with individual’s experience and skills
- Benefits: Aerial Applications offers a complete suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, etc.
- PTO: 10 days of PTO standard for all first- year employees (increasing over tenure), plus all federal holidays and an extensive winter holiday.
- Create compelling, thoughtful, and well researched marketing content for a variety of mediums and audiences
- Develop marketing collateral for trade publications, brochures, and digital sources
- Organize tasks and assignments while working on multiple concurrent projects and tight deadlines.
- Use sharp editorial skills to edit, proofread, fact-check, and improve marketing materials and communications
- Plan, develop, and organize internal documentation and manuals
- Working across cross functional teams, and translate complex ideas clearly and effectively
- Undergraduate Degree in Journalism, English, Marketing, or relevant field
- 3-5 years of experience and success in technical writing
- Demonstrated success in creating marketing content
- Ability to meet deadlines for content creation
- Highly motivated self-starter looking to expand/grow in their role Interest in advanced technologies, drones, robotics, sciences
- Prior experience working at a startup/technology company a plus
Aerial Applications provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.