Brainrider is a B2B marketing and creative services agency with teams in the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Seattle, New York City, London, and Toronto. We work with in-house marketing teams, creative teams and internal agencies to fill capability and capacity gaps, enabling them to execute their brand and growth marketing programs at scale.
We are a team of craftspeople. Our understanding of B2B and digital marketing earns our clients’ trust. We are successful when our clients value the work we produce and the expertise we share. We hold ourselves accountable. We are driven to become better. We do our best when we work as a team.
Are you our next new team member?
The Senior Writing, Marketing is a full-time role within our Content Team. Reporting to our Content Director, you'll bring to this role your strong writing background and passion for creating B2B content that’s engaging, strategically aligned and on brand. This remote position is based on Pacific Standard Time (PST), reporting into our head office in Toronto.
- Write for a variety of channels and formats for some of the world’s leading B2B brands
- Create content that helps attract, nurture, acquire and retain customers, and guide them through the customer journey
- Produce high-quality content through cross-functional collaboration with internal (designers, SEO experts and account managers) and external (client) teams
- Create content that is persuasive and aligned with our client’s business strategy, addressing the needs and pains of their target audience and marketing funnel objectives
- Ensure content produced is on brief, on time, on brand, error-free and approved by all necessary stakeholders
- Champion best practices in content development and processes (e.g. content calendar creation, audit/analysis and repurposing)
- Remain current on trends in content creation and publishing
- Managerial and other responsibilities as assigned
What You'll Bring
- A strong background in writing across a variety of channels and formats: Please provide links to writing portfolio / samples of current work (PDF, URLs) with your application
- Managerial experience and 5+ years as a full-time writer in B2B marketing roles
- Experience creating content across a variety of formats: blog articles, case studies, whitepapers, infographics, videos and the portfolio to prove it
- Talent for writing compelling headlines and telling engaging customer stories
- Background in journalism, communications or copywriting in an agency environment
- Right Brain Smarts: Excellent writing skills – you’re a whiz at creating compelling and grammatically clean long-form copy as well as highly-effective headlines, taglines, and calls-to-action
- Left Brain Smarts: You think strategically and have experience putting together smart content plans and calendars
- Stellar communication, collaboration and presentation skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong management and team leadership skills that include an informed awareness around Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
This remote position is based on Pacific Standard Time (PST), reporting into our head office in Toronto. Due to COVID-19 Guidelines, this role is 100% remote until further notice.
We offer competitive salaries, paid vacation, work from home (WFH) support and set-up assistance, and a wide variety of other great perks!
The Fine Print
- Thank you for including writing samples with your application: Please provide links to current work / writing portfolio (PDF, URLs)
- All writing samples will be reviewed; candidates who are selected for next steps will be contacted
- Candidates must be available to work during PST business hours
- You can learn more about working with us at Brainrider Careers
Brainrider is invested in creating a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone belongs and has the opportunity to grow. We are committed to consistent learning within our team and are focused on providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment that supports BIPOC and other marginalized communities.
Relocation and sponsorship are not provided.