Making exceptional educational content is our #1 priority here at Makerpad
In this role, you'll be at the helm of our content production machine, responsible for quality control and publishing, sourcing content ideas, and helping market our content through social channels.
We're The Home Of No-Code Education
Makerpad is the #1 educational platform for teaching people how to build apps, websites, software and tech-based businesses, all without needing to know how to code (also known within our community as "no-code").
We're Remote, Together
As a team, we're fully remote and spread across the UK and the US. But we have efficient synchronous and asynchronous systems set up, which means we get great work done fast.
About This Role
What you'll be doing
In this role, you'll be directly supporting our marketing team to regularly create and publish incredible content that teaches people how to build software, apps and businesses without code.
Your activities may vary from day-to-day, but typically you can expect to be handling tasks such as:
- Proofreading written content, then building posts or pages in Webflow before publishing to the blog/education catalog
- Editing and uploading written transcripts to accompany our video tutorials
- Sharing on-brand messages across our social channels, and engaging the community through meaningful replies
- Sharing our content and engaging in relevant conversations on communities like Indie Hackers
- Finding great examples of how people are building with no-code, reaching out to send feature story requests, and turning the responses into blog posts
- Seeking out written content opportunities from students taking our cohort-based courses, and turning these into written stories for the blog.
Good To Know
- This is a part-time, flexible role (likely to be 10 hours per week on average)
- You can be based anywhere in the world, so long as you have a good internet connection and your working hours cross over with the UK and the US
- You'll need to be set up for self-employed/contract working in your own country, and be comfortable invoicing us monthly
- You'll need your own computer and internet connection
- You'll be given any additional equipment or software access needed to do your job.
- You have a natural gift for writing, and a keen eye for precision, and spotting errors 👀
- You're a great communicator
- You're comfortable working in a tech environment, and can pick up new tools and software easily
- You're good at and experienced with working in an agile way
- You're detail-oriented
- You're happy to work independently, but also comfortable reaching out when needed and working as part of a team
- You're proactive with a can-do attitude.
Ready To Apply?
Awesome! Click Apply to send us your application. We take the time to read every application carefully and we will reply to every one we receive, regardless of whether it's been successful or not. We wish you the best of luck!