How is it that in a world that's evolving so quickly that social products still feel the same? Strangely enough, we're still using products that were invented in the 2G era. There seems to be an emptiness with the current experience and today's products are built to force humanity to be superficial.
We'd like to change that.
With the advancements in technology, so much more is possible today that wasn't even possible, just a few years ago. We believe the timing couldn't be better.
We’re thoughtful about why we do things and here are 6 principles guiding our thinking:
- Advancements in Tech & AI: Allowing more bits to be pushed to users in real-time and thus allowing far richer, more personalised experiences.
- Users Comfortable Online: 50% of people's waking life is now spent on their smartphones. The next generation is far more comfortable online than offline.
- Vertical Communities: We don't live our lives in one massive community. We're specific in the activities we engage in (art, gaming, fitness etc).
- New Business Models: Putting customer at the centre. These won't be ad-driven in the traditional sense. Think micro-transactions, subscriptions and more.
- Consumers as Owners: It's a bit strange that consumers aren't part of the value chain. Turning customers into owners is a fascinating thought.
Build Magical Things 💖
It’s so clear to us that technology evolves but people stay the same. We’re solving for a core human need - social connection and with all the evolution in technology, today we can solve for that in brand new ways.
At our core, we’re a creative company. Ideas and pixels is where we live and we love building magical products that make our users feel ‘wow’ inside. It’s not just about features, it’s also about how they make people feel. We build at the intersection of the scientific and the romantic.
And it all starts with people, the right team that cares deeply about our mission, values and our users. At hike, you'll have the chance to do the best work of your life.
Come join us and shape the future of social.
The Hike Code
We’re on a journey to build something new, something different and making anything innovative & new requires the ability to surrender to the unknown. The Hike Code is our value system. It is our guide to navigate through the unknown to build incredible products. Here they are:
- Top Talent in Every Role: We look for people with an incredible intellect. Both skills and values are important to us.
- Pro-Sports Team: Strengths based, results driven with a "team-first" attitude
- Customer at the Centre: Everything we do is inspired by how we can better solve for our customer.
- Constant Innovation: It's our DNA to walk into the unknown in search of having meaningful impact.
- Act Like Owners: We own the output of what we do, even if it's explicitly not our job.
- Thoughtful Decision Making: Clear Mind + Obsession to Simplify + Data Driven. We strive to be thoughtful.
- Bias for Action: Strong prioritization with a move fast and learn attitude.
- Be Open Minded & Coachable: We have a quest to continuously #RiseUp to be the best version of ourselves.
Role & Requirements 🎎
If you’ve made it till here, then you’re probably interested in the role :)
Key Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Become an expert in our product and audience so as to write high-engagement content that reflects our brand's voice across consumer touch points - both on and off-platform.
- Collaborate with Marketing, PR, Product and Design to develop a variety of content marketing materials. These include ads, app notifications, product/UI writing, SEO, social media content, and more.
- Produce error-free content that adheres to the brand's style guidelines
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects with short deadlines
- Propose copy concepts and present underlying strategic thinking to business leaders
- Create compelling content in simple and powerful language that is impactful and invokes an emotional response to take action
- Consistently raise the bar on communication content through testing and experimentation.
Sounds Like You? 🙌🙋
We’re looking for someone dynamic and you’ll need to have the below in generous quantities to succeed in this role.
- You rock at communication. In English. And in Hindi and/or Tamil and/or Telugu.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience creating different types of written marketing content including ads, notifications, product/UI writing, SEO, social media, and more. Any added experience writing video will bump your CV up to the top of the list.
- Experience working with brands / platforms that cater to small-town India is a bonus.
- You can distill marketing challenges and business goals down into focused creative execution.
- You have a simple, powerful and impactful writing style
- You have strong attention to detail and are able to work under little supervision with zero need for following up.
- You have a great understanding of digital and social platforms, as well as their use within marketing.
- You understand audience engagement metrics, on and off platform, and can easily articulate how your creative can impact marketing objectives.
- You are a naturally curious self-starter.
- You pass our copy test.
- Remote work setting
- A flat and transparent culture
- Assistance and support to setup home workspace
- Tools of the trade - MacBook, Latest Softwares
- Monthly Communication Reimbursement
- Best learning and development opportunities
- A chance to have a big impact in hypergrowth setup
At Hike, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, ethnicity, or disability status.