Would you like to help shape the voice of a brand that will provide self-care solutions around the world? Are you passionate about delivering engaging content that will actually make a difference to people’s lives? Do you have an excellent command of the English language and a creative mindset? Was that a big YES? Great, keep reading…
At Healthily, we believe everyone should have the information they need to look after their health. Five years ago, we brought together doctors, data-scientists and digital experts to create a new type of health app. One where anyone in the world could find personalised, medically-approved guidance, tools and support to help them feel better and stay healthy.
Millions of downloads later, we’re the first app approved as a class 1 medical device, and are on the way to our goal: helping one billion people find their health.
Backed by philanthropists and major corporations, our team is now 100-strong, as we find new ways to bring informed self-care to all, especially in the era of coronavirus.
Healthily has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture - we love working with people who are curious, inventive, and are constantly seeking to learn and improve. In our work we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative.
What You Will Be Doing
Reporting into the Head of Content Innovations and Operations you will be responsible for writing and producing medically-accurate, engaging, informative and on-brand copy for the company’s marketing channels.
Day to day, duties will include, and won’t be limited to.
- Articulating the brand voice and executing across written media
- Working closely with the marketing team to deliver end-to-end communications for the full user journey inclusive of digital ads, onboarding emails, push notifications, editorial emails and engagement campaigns
- Writing and editing relevant website & interface copy to ensure a consistent voice and market nuances (website copy, social bios, company collateral)
- Partnering with the growth team to establish and test best-in-class and on-brand acquisition campaigns
- Working closely with the PR agency and corporate communications to review press releases, commercial sales pitches, investor / executive documents
- Developing innovative ways to repurpose content from Healthily’s platforms for promotional use across our marketing channels
- Working closely with the content and marketing teams, delivering and executing fresh ideas to communicate the company’s mission to a global audience
- Dissecting medical guidance and information and repurpose into easy to understand copy for a global audience, where English may not be the first language
- Proofreading all copy and messaging, ensuring that it adheres to brand and quality guidelines
- Sourcing appropriate imagery to accompany copy and disseminate content in a timely manner on the website and via key social media channels
- Working as part of a dynamic team and carving out your own space within a fluid working environment.
What we are looking for in our teammate:
- Mid level experience gained in roles such as marketing copywriter, brand copywriter or copywriter
- Experience of writing for an online publication, website or digital brands
- Experience of working in a fast-paced work environment and working to tight deadlines.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent copywriting skills, a creative flair and a versatile writing style that allows you to easily create different types of content
- Meticulous attention to detail and an excellent command of the English language - you should be obsessed with spelling and grammar, but you also embrace new ways of using language
- Creativity, versatility and the ability to develop original content that resonates with its intended reader - from UX micro copy to email newsletters, blog posts and corporate messaging
- Proactive and a self-starter
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent judgement, decisive and able to ‘join the dots’
- Strong eye for detail and a can do attitude
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- You have a sense of urgency about you and you are comfortable working under pressure.
- A good understanding of medical concepts and an ability to transform complex medical jargon into words that a lay audience can easily comprehend is desirable.
- Responsible annual leave policy (no upper limit)
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus
- Remote working and access to a central London company office
- A monthly wellbeing allowance
- Access to a 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Deliveroo vouchers for our monthly team ‘pizza meetings’.