We believe in the power of hiring. Because the potential for people to do something outstanding has everything to do with being in the right role, on the right team, at the right time. That’s where Greenhouse comes in – from recruiting to onboarding, we make software to help every company be great at hiring.
We're looking for a Freelance Marketing Copywriter to join our Marketing team and help us tell the Greenhouse story. Reporting to our Creative Director, you’ll use your experience in marketing copywriting and brand storytelling to craft impactful messaging that resonates with People teams and business leaders wanting to become great at hiring.
We’re not just looking for an excellent writer - we're also on the search for someone who is flexible, quick to action, and make contextual switches from one project to another as needed. We have a high visual design standard at Greenhouse, and we need someone to build quality copy to match. If you're someone who can help us express our story with clarity, wit and a touch of lyrical style while avoiding industry cliches, let's talk!
*Please note that a portfolio will be required as part of your application for this position. This is a contract, remote position.
Who will love this job:
- A storyteller – You craft compelling content for diverse formats and channels: web, collateral, promotional and social media.
- A communicator – You see how your copy can unite and amplify the messages of various marketing campaigns and assets.
- A doer – You excel in owning projects while working autonomously and efficiently in a dynamic environment
- A collaborator – You understand the importance of working with a team and being open to feedback
- A detail-lover – You have a keen eye for the small things and pay excellent attention to grammatical rules
What you’ll do:
- Review and edit existing copy with laser-vision accuracy honed by years of experience
- Craft original copy for various marketing channels and formats, both long and short, that’s “on voice” with our brand
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to provide feedback and alignment on messaging
You should have:
- 5+ years of copywriting experience
- Stellar writing skills exemplified in a compelling portfolio
- Ability to autonomously manage writing projects and effectively carry them to completion
- Ability to thrive in a growing and dynamic environment
- Ability to support occasional, varying projects as needed
- Experience writing Marketing copy for a B2B audience
- Experience in SaaS industry and/or the HR tech industry, a plus
- Creative agency experience, a plus
Who we are:
At Greenhouse, we celebrate having a diverse group of hardworking employees – and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. In 2019, we were ranked #4 in Fortune’s Best Workplaces in New York and #5 in their Best Company Culture. We’ve also been recognized as a Best Company for Diversity by Comparably, and have been named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list. We pride ourselves on fostering a collaborative culture throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee's journey. From day one of our interview process to executive "Ask Me Anything" sessions, we consistently cultivate an inclusive environment.
Our success in making companies great at hiring depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. To that end, we’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce, and infusing DE&I throughout all of our internal practices. By ensuring that every Greenie is able to bring a diversity of talents to our work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Greenhouse, where we’re building a team to face the world’s increasingly complex and diverse hiring needs.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.