Brex is reimagining financial systems so that every growing company can realize their full potential. We’re building integrated financial software and services—disrupting entrenched institutions with products and experiences that empower the next generation of business.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We empower you with the tools, resources, and support to grow your career.
Marketing at Brex
The Marketing team tells the Brex story, determines messaging and positioning, and translates our reimagined products and features into tangible customer benefits. Our marketers—across Brand, Product Marketing, Content, and Growth—are responsible for acquiring and engaging customers and have a deep understanding of the business. We’re a highly cross-functional team and partner most closely with Growth, Product, Sales, BD, and Design to help our customers understand how we can help them reach their full potential.
What You’ll Do
As a Marketing Copywriter at Brex, you must be highly skilled at translating strategic briefs into standout copy, with a strong focus on customer and sales emails. You will help bring the Brex brand and product to life every day, shaping and maintaining our brand tone of voice and product messaging across marketing channels and customer touchpoints. This role requires a balance of creative, analytical, and strategic thinking, and you will contribute to raising brand awareness, driving customer engagement and growth, and improving Brex’s brand positioning.
- Write exceptional copy across channels, with a focus on lifecycle, onboarding, and sales emails—plus some creative marketing campaigns and performance copy.
- Partner with lifecycle and growth strategists to understand and optimize copy for the customer journey.
- Build a partnership with design team members to craft holistic creative concepts, understanding that copywriting plays a key role in the overall creative process.
- Iterate on and finalize your copy through the review process with the brand lead, legal and compliance, and key stakeholders.
- Review, edit, and improve content proposed by cross-functional partners.
- Understand Brex products and audience personas to craft targeted messages.
- Analyze customer and market insights from PMM and Brand and use data to make marketing decisions and improve your writing.
- 5+ years of experience developing brand, lifecycle, and/or product copy, combining analytical and creative elements to drive customer engagement and position the brand competitively.
- Proven ability to translate strategic briefs into standout copy, including emails, ads, websites, one-pagers, presentations, and more.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytically minded with the ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Demonstrated success creating content for different channels/formats, including advertising, emails, and marketing collateral (provide writing samples or a link to your online portfolio)
- Brand marketing, copywriting, or content writing for B2B tech, SaaS, or finance
- Ambitious self-starter with exceptional organizational and communication skills who can drive projects from creative conception to execution and follow-up
- Experience with brand strategy documents and customer journey mapping
- Knowledge of conversion writing, including email and subject line best practices and A/B testing.