At Zip, previously Quadpay, we provide fair and seamless solutions that simplify how people pay with our leading Buy Now, Pay Later platform.
Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we’re here to do things differently. We are a responsible, digital alternative to the broken credit card model, providing consumers with a better way to manage their finances. We also help merchants and businesses to grow by offering them best–in–class products that improve conversion, increase basket sizes and delight their customers.
We’re a high-growth team with endless opportunities as we scale. Come and join the ZipFam!
About the Role
A full-time writing opportunity at a fast-growing fintech startup in the buy now, pay later space. This position reports to the Senior Content Manager.
Zip occupies a unique position in the fintech world as both a B2B and B2C company: we offer exclusive integrated partnerships with merchants, along with a direct to consumer app that allows users to pay later anywhere they shop. As such, our content efforts encompass both B2B and B2C comms, speaking to the needs of both merchant and consumer audiences. This role will skew toward the former: expect to focus on B2B content 60-70% of the time.
What You'll Do
- On the B2C side, you will primarily contribute content to the “money” section of our blog, which focuses on basic financial literacy, smart spending tips, and product education.
- You will draft marketing push, email, and social copy on a weekly basis, and you may also work with our product team on occasional UX messaging and other key marketing touch points.
- You will handle content uploads in our CMS and other backend support as needed, and you may be asked to handle first edits for any content assigned to our freelance writers.
- Overall, we’re looking for the right candidate to craft engaging, well-curated content that serves to inform and entertain our readers while driving B2B leads and contributing to an overall lift in consumer app downloads.
- Blog and other content topics will be largely dictated by our marketing calendar, overarching content strategy, and SEO opportunities, but we encourage you to act as a key stakeholder in this process and come to the table with ideas of your own!
To Help Us Level Up, You'll Bring
- 3-5 years of previous writing experience in-house or in an agency required.
- You should have a portfolio of B2B and B2C writing samples to share.
- Experience and comfort with long-form, research-driven content development is a must.
- Experience writing in the fintech space a plus, as is a basic understanding of SEO & keyword optimization.
- You should be a painstaking researcher, an excellent writer, and an intuitive editor, both for your own and others’ writing.
- The successful applicant will be open to receiving feedback, adopting our specific brand tone (and adapting accordingly as we refine our voice!), and integrating SEO elements into your writing.
- The candidate must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, efficient, and a stickler for deadlines.
- Please include a portfolio link on resume
We’re proud to be a values-led business. Our values form our Mamba mentality - how we’re better today than yesterday, and are used to create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s In It For You?
We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you at both work and home. Here’s a taste of what you can expect:
- Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- 20 days PTO every year
- Generous paid parental leave
- Leading family support policies
- 100% employer covered insurance
- Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
- Learning and wellness subscription stipend
- Company-sponsored 401k match
- Remote working allowance
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.