We want to say this upfront: This isn’t a content marketing or social media role.
Marketing Content Designers at Shopify collaborate with designers, developers, researchers, marketers, and product managers to design and build our user experiences. We create web experiences like this, campaigns like this, work on information architecture, create and execute complex user journeys, and so much more.
We’re a close-knit team of more than 60 content designers who work across the company to create clear, concise content that tells product stories and makes our products work better. We’re looking for a UX-focused content designer to plan and create content for Shopify product marketing and contribute to our team's skills and growth. This position requires a deep understanding of the role language plays in the UX design process.
As a Content Designer at Shopify, you will create and iterate on the experiences that make up the core journeys of our merchants and potential merchants. You’ll translate your love of language, a penchant for problem-solving, and a sense of storytelling to craft meaningful, useful experiences.
Your goals? Educate, motivate, and convert. You’ll use your varied writing background and experience to write for projects big and small. A shapeshifter at heart, you’ll be able to channel different tones and across many touchpoints, while effectively balancing our business goals with those of our merchants.
Drawing on a proven history of collaborating across teams and disciplines, you’ll be a bridge-builder and a dot connector. You’ll use your love of helping others and sharing knowledge to help the team learn and grow.
- Work with a creative team to craft campaigns of varying sizes across multiple channels
- Identify, develop, and maintain a unique, consistent tone-of-voice for the brand across all media
- Write new product and feature landing pages in collaboration with product managers, designers, researchers, and developers
- Run A/B tests on existing content to explore how voice, tone, and vocabulary can affect conversion on a large scale
- Work with our email marketing team to build and improve onboarding emails and drip campaigns
- Act like an owner who cares deeply about the final output as much as the content involved
- Be a teacher, advocating for the importance of content across the company, and empowering everyone at Shopify to write their own great content through training, learning resources, and support
- Support in user research to help develop brand playbooks and learnings for messaging and positioning
- Multi-task across simultaneous projects and deadlines, collaborating with appropriate team members
- Copywriting experience in an advertising or marketing-focused environment
- Demonstrated ability to create high-quality content that improves customer acquisition and user experience
- Direct experience collaborating with a team throughout the project lifecycle
- Experience in not only being a writer, but you also care about growth, strategy, and structure too
- Need to take initiative, stays organized, pays close attention to detail, and can handle multiple projects at once
- Hard-working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment (test the copy you create and iterate to find the perfect performance-based solution)
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.