The Marketing Automation Expert team member is a technically-focused marketer and problem-solver that has a deep curiosity and passion for creating and building software solutions that combine marketing and sales technology with process, automation and data governance in order to deliver value for DemandLab’s clients.
The Marketing Automation Expert partners with the EMEA Technical and Admin Lead and other Martech Solutions Architects to deliver solutions by supporting the design, delivery, and execution of client engagements such as nurture programs, scoring programs, trigger-based communications, general email campaigns, reporting, and analytics.
This role requires the implementation and maintenance of tactical items, with end reporting and customer goals in mind. The Marketing Automation Expert is a data-driven team member that applies customer-appropriate data analysis techniques, data governance regimes, and integrates third-party data sources into a holistic data system.
As a problem solver, the Marketing Automation Expert is expected to be able to investigate and debug a wide range of issues that may arise while engaged on a client’s project including (but not limited to) communication timing and deliverability issues, duplicate record management, implement responsive design and accessibility for marketing assets, and troubleshoot third-party integrations and synchronization events.
Qualified applicants must possess a solid background in demand generation or marketing operations, with demonstrated expertise in Marketo and similarly expertise in Salesforce.com. Experience with multiple platforms is a strong plus.
Our delivery team uses a number of tools including an advanced project management platform, communications systems, as well as testing and quality assurance processes and platforms. The Marketing Automation Expert team member must be prepared to lead client projects within environments that leverage technology to efficiently deliver our services and uphold our values of accountability, transparency, and timely collaboration to ensure success across all client engagements.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Implement innovative and cost-effective solutions for the customer, drawing on knowledge of the current marketing technology landscape and industry best practices to enable a seamless customer experience or customer journey for our clients.
- Implement advanced lead scoring models to support the lead lifecycle and customer journey including backfill requirements
- Create programming, reporting and actionable insights for our client’s acquisition and engagement programs
- Create, implement and test business processes, procedures, and delivery client-facing documentation
- Support the implementation and program execution of marketing and sales platforms including marketing automation, CRM and ancillary platforms
- Delivery on administrative tasks for our client’s marketing and sales technology platforms
- Provide database management and governance recommendations and execution
- Use a creative and innovative approach to leverage marketing, sales and service technologies for projects such as advanced engagement and nurture programs, lead lifecycle management programs and systems, account-based marketing and sales, end-to-end email preferences centres, microsites, event management, integrating marketing, sales and services systems and data, etc.
Successful team members in this role must meet the following experience, qualifications, and education criteria:
- Ability to manage expectations of both the clients and team member in and meet deadlines based on project requirements
- Demonstrated history of building relationships, establishing and proving credibility and partnering with business leaders and peers
- Experience in demand generation, customer engagement, digital marketing and communications strategies and tactics
- Experience in data hygiene and marketing and sales analytics
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills (both instructional and Informational business writing)
- Analytical, with an ability to synthesize information quickly
- Organized, with a demonstrable history of fanatical attention to detail to ensure work is performed accurately, completely and meets or exceeds the client’s expectations
- Industrious, motivated, resourceful and creative
- Quick learner who goes the extra mile to meet or exceed internal professional development requirements.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a technical or marketing field
- 2-4 years of marketing/demand generation experience
- 2+ years Marketo experience (experience within an administrative capacity is considered a plus)
- 2+ years of Salesforce experience (Microsoft Dynamics experience a plus)
- 1+ years relevant marketing data analysis experience
- Holds an MCE certification.
When you join us, you can expect to receive premium benefits including:
- Competitive Salary
- Monthly Utility Allowance
- Personal and Professional Development Funding
- Flexible Work Environment
- Work From Home
- Collaborating with senior marketing professionals with years of experience pushing the envelope
- The freedom to have fun, experiment, explore, and get creative in a supportive environment.