Foundr is a global media and education company that connects millions of people every month with some of the most successful living entrepreneurs of our generation such as Jack Dorsey, Arianna Huffington, Mark Cuban, Richard Branson and many more. Foundr breaks down their strategies and experiences into actionable, battle-tested content through magazines, podcasts, videos, blogs, and online courses — so that you too can build and grow a successful business.
About The Role
As our Managing Editor, you will be tasked with taking ownership of the 99% of FREE content that Foundr puts out globally, growing our following and community to tens of millions per month and you have done it all before!!
We’re looking for a talented master of content with demonstrated experience at managing and growing a large scale media brand that generates millions of monthly unique visitors to a website. You will also be familiar with what it takes to maintain and grow a large scale social media following in the millions, to develop creative media content and increase our following across all of our digital media channels. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment driving unique strategies and cutting-edge content on a consistent basis to our community.
Working beside our CEO, you will lead a team of 3-5 of our passionate and driven crew who share a collective obsession for all things startup. As a collaborative and creative thought leader, you’ll share in our dream and help drive us to reach our vision to build a household name entrepreneurial brand impacting tens of millions of founders on a weekly basis with our content. You will care about every detail and be excited about every piece of content that Foundr releases (written, video or audio).
With a meticulously detail-oriented and strategic approach, you will successfully manage all of our online content we produce for free for our audience at scale. This position allows you to work from Melbourne, with the opportunity for relocation to the Melbourne office.
Managing Editor Responsibilities:
- Maintain the editorial calendar for Foundr, taking the blog topics from brainstorm all the way to promotion, managing strict deadlines and schedules
- Manage external contributors
- Copy-edit all of the blog content, promotional copy and newsletters for grammar, accuracy and adherence to the Foundr brand
- Working with our social team to ensure content is being re-purposed and utilized
- Work with writers and designers to create blog, newsletter and promotional content and graphics
- Keyword research and brainstorming content topics
- Tracking content sales and leads
- Work with stakeholders to produce content related to launches and promotions
- Hire and vet writers (as needed) to produce epic content for the Foundr blog
- Connect with potential partners and discover outreach opportunities to increase brand awareness and build traffic
- Work with the marketing/SEO team to continue to raise the bar on content value and find new ways to meet the needs of our target audience
- Hold regular content meetings to discuss strategy and scheduling
- Attend regular team meetings to align content strategy and operations
- Work on ad-hoc special promotional content projects such as reports or ebooks
- Analyze and split-test content to increase time on site, clicks, leads and sales
- You must have done this before! Having previously grown a website or blog into the millions of monthly unique visitors from scratch or from the 100's of thousands of monthly uniques and driven the growth of online traffic and want to do it all again with a fast-growing media brand
- Self-starter with the ability to hold others accountable to critical deadlines
- Degree in writing or journalism or sufficient work experience as a managing editor or head of content.
- You are energetic, enthusiastic and curious
- Strong copy-editing skills
- Highly driven and self-motivated, with a passion to drive the business forward and help Foundr reach its vision
- Detail-oriented, ambitious and strategic
- Experience working with and managing many writers and projects at one time
- Have a really strong understanding of creating great content that cuts through the noise and captivates readers
- Proven leader managing a wide array of teams
- A strong and experienced leader who can lead a team remotely, if need be, with an engaging flare
- You will fit right into a team that fosters teamwork, honesty and serving our entrepreneurial community
Extensive training & Support - One of our key values is “always be learning” and we take training very seriously. You’ll get access to cutting-edge training with a generous training budget, support from your fellow peers who are constantly leveling up, and be surrounded by extremely successful entrepreneurs who we interview or who are Foundr instructors. You’ll get the environment and knowledge needed to perform at your absolute highest level.
Driven A-Player team - Daily you’ll be surrounded by some of the most “switched on” people you’ve ever met. There’s a reason we’re one of the fastest growing online media companies and that’s because our team is full of serious weapons (who actually walk the walk).
Amazing growth opportunities - At Foundr there’s no real ceiling to where you can go, what you can do, and what you can earn. As we grow, so too do the opportunities.
Get your work seen by millions - Our content is consumed by millions of founders of every single week. The projects and things you work on will be directly contributing to shaping the future generation of entrepreneurs - Maybe even the next Elon Musk that will drive humanity forward
Work hard play harder - We have yearly off-sites in an exotic location around the world, work sponsored lunches and drinks every Friday and monthly team outings where we go out and celebrate the wins.
We move at a lightning pace! Only successful candidates will be contacted. If you haven't been invited via email to schedule 30 Minutes of Magic with us 5 business days after submitting your application, unfortunately you haven't been successful this time around!