Love content strategy and managing high-performing teams? Our MotorBiscuit team is looking for you!
Endgame360 is a 100% virtual media company that runs www.cheatsheet.com, www.sportscasting.com, www.remoter.co, and www.motorbiscuit.com. At Endgame360, our primary objective is to delight our 30+ million monthly readers with high-quality content. We are a creative organization at our core and relentlessly strive to foster a cycle of success: Building the best company possible, to attract and retain the best talent available, to produce the best content in the world for our readers. Publishing since 2009, we have continued to grow our audience along with the number of sites we operate.
As The Managing Editor of MotorBiscuit, You Will
- Report to the VP, Editor in Chief.
- Manage a complex and dynamic editorial process, aligning with our company and editorial flywheels, assuming responsibility for the site’s performance and growth goals.
- Demonstrate passionate ownership of the site and its success, both at a macro level and down to the individual writer level.
- Demonstrate a passion for quality content, and encourage our team through principled leadership and practical advice about how to deliver the best possible content to our readers.
- In conjunction with the VP, Editor in Chief and other supporting team members, establish, shape, and drive the vision and product strategy for the site.
- Analyze site data and collaborate with the VP, Editor in Chief to make data-driven decisions and drive/implement editorial strategy. Troubleshoot any downturns in traffic on sitewide or individual writer levels.
- Manage team leads: Help to guide content strategy for their respective teams, and work with them to increase team + individual performance through research, metrics understanding, and growth opportunities.
- Manage all editorial hiring for your site, including writers and other support positions that might be needed in the future.
- Be on the front lines of mentorship for your team, sharing our company-wide best practices for editorial and institutional knowledge about what makes a great reader experience.
- Contribute to direct content publishing by coordinating with our freelance resources. In the site’s startup phase, this will include programming strong headlines and publishing freelancer content.
- Take responsibility for performance issues within the team and seek ways to resolve those in a positive manner. Work with People Ops for support as needed through this process.
- Collaborate with the tech team and other departments as needed to achieve site and company goals.
- Constantly evaluate the production workflow process and come up with solutions/ideas for optimizing the process while maintaining high-quality articles.
- Manage and own the OKR process for the entirety of the site’s editorial team each quarter, and hold each team member accountable for their progress.
- Identify needs, resources, and roadblocks for the site’s editorial team and suggest solutions/ideas for them to the Editor in Chief.
- Work cross-functionally with tech, ad ops, operations, and marketing to execute large projects.
- Perform some administrative tasks including maintaining site reports, documenting quality concerns, completing team member evaluations, and addressing performance concerns as needed, among others, in a manner that is both timely and accurate.
- Participate in meetings and calls, including individual, and small and large group settings, utilizing video call technology.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to meet/utilize company standard operating procedures or guidelines.
- Promote a collaborative team environment and foster company culture among site team members both in daily work and through planned team activities once per quarter, at a minimum.
- Work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and demanding environment.
What Makes Endgame360 a Great Place to Work?
- We are a recognized digital media leader with more than 50 million monthly readers.
- We are a tightly-knit team that is passionate about the overall product and strives to be experts in the field. We have a collaborative culture driven by mutual respect that fosters regular feedback and group discussion.
- We are an exciting, growing company and we want you to grow with us. At Endgame360, your career is what you make of it.
- Work from home, a coffee shop, or anywhere of your choosing. We have a distributed workforce, which means that you can work from wherever you want in your hometown (or during travel!) and collaborate with brilliant colleagues from around the country.
- We offer competitive salaries, a flexible vacation policy, paid parental leave, health, dental & vision insurance, 401k contributions, and continuing education reimbursements. Our editorial team is also eligible for bonuses based on performance.
What You Will Need To Be Successful in This Role
- Be located in: CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, MA, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, TN, TX, WA, or VA
- 5+ years of digital media experience, including content management and content planning.
- Significant prior management experience, including giving feedback to writers and hiring to build teams. Candidates with leadership experience within our Endgame360 are preferred.
- A passion for mentoring others on our team, and the ability to bring a problem-solving approach to the role.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media industry, SEO best practices, production techniques, and future opportunities.
- Experience analyzing data in Google Analytics or other content analytics tools.
- Outstanding communicator – both oral and written, with the confidence, maturity and collaborative skills to establish relationships at all levels and across all functions of the organization.
- Strong knowledge of the site’s scope of coverage with a demonstrated interest and expertise in related niche coverage areas.
- A deep understanding of what makes your site’s topic coverage work in the Search environment — and the skills to share that knowledge with others on the team.
- A background in and passion for content creation and editing.
- Experience using WordPress or another CMS.
- Experience using communication tools like Slack, Asana, and GSuite.
- The ability and willingness to use video call technology for 1:1 meetings, and small and large team meetings.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to the varying and ever-changing demands of the job.
- The ability to build strong relationships and work closely with a team of remote employees.
- The ability to create and maintain a positive work culture in which team members are supported and have the desire to perform their best.
- Excellent organizational, project management, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a virtual environment.