Dataquest is an interactive online learning platform for data science. We’re passionate about helping students go from zero to job ready. We help students deeply learn concepts, build projects, work together, and gain the confidence they need to start new careers. Read more about our philosophy here, and read what students think here.
We want to help tens of millions of students worldwide change their lives through data science education, and you’ll play a key role in helping us get there. We’re looking for collaborative and passionate team members, to help us continue to build out our 30+ person remote, global team.
This is a fully remote company and we are open to applications worldwide. You don't have to match all of the listed requirements to apply, we're truly looking for people who can grow along with our diverse and global team.
Who Are You?
You are a managing editor with an interest, and ideally experience, in online education. You're up for the task of working with our technical educators to ensure high standards for content quality, including performing tone, style, and copy edits. You are comfortable conducting market research to generate new technical educational content ideas, working with authors to enhance SEO for new content, and recruiting authors external to our team.
The new Editor will have the benefit of existing tone and style guides, technical instructions for using our editing tools, and the assistance of contract copyeditor whom will be reporting to the Managing Editor.
- Ability to be online and present for team meetings from 9:30am - 12pm EST (US)
- 2+ years of comparable experience as a Managing Editor
- Content marketing background (market research, SEO)
- Outstanding written + oral communication
Nice to Haves
- Experience working in online education
- Knowledge of data science as a field
Some Perks of Working at Dataquest
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- An annual professional development allowance
- Free Dataquest account for life
- The chance to see your impact on the lives of our students every day
- The opportunity to be part of an engaged and mission-driven team
- The chance to contribute to team direction
- 100% remote with flexible working hours
- A supportive environment where help is always accessible