Axonify’s mission is to get frontline employees ready for anything with a training and communications solution that actually works. As the Managing Editor on the Axonify Marketing team, you’ll be a key player in supporting our efforts to identify, write, edit and publish compelling original content.
You bring the perfect mix of process proficiency and writing chops required to bring our content to life in a scalable and efficient way.
You’ll be the owner of the Axonify blog, managing the editorial calendar and resources required to regularly populate it with content that aligns to our overarching content marketing strategy.
You’ll also be the steward of the Axonify brand voice, reviewing content from junior writers, freelancers and even other teams in the organization, and providing targeted feedback and edits to ensure the stories we put out into the world are consistently awesome.
As a seasoned writer, you’ll pitch in to assist with writing content as required to meet project deadlines.
The Things You’ll Do
- Ensure all content produced reflects Axonify’s brand personality, driving consistency in style, quality and tone of voice
- Own and manage the editorial calendar, assigning writers, meeting deadlines and working with digital team to publish content.
- Collaborate with our team of talented writers and marketers to create high-quality content that hits the sweet spot of our ICPs.
- Track content marketing results and making necessary adjustments to optimize success.
- Provide precise and prescriptive feedback on content written by others and manage rounds of edits through to completion.
- Write original content to support Axonify’s demand generation and brand awareness goals.
- Work with our in-house creative designer and external creative partners as required to support content build.
- Manage content briefing processes for freelance writing talent.
- Work closely with the SEO agency to ensure keywords are optimized to increase the discoverability of content.
- Mentor junior writers to help fuel a culture of learning and growth.
- Participate in quarterly editorial committee meetings to build out editorial calendars with targeted topics.
- And of course, other duties to support the Axonifam and further build your skills
The Things You Bring
- Knowledge. English, Communications, Journalism and/or related work experience gained through post-secondary education, experience or a combination of both. Knowledge of SEO and best practices for optimizing content for the web is considered an asset.
- Professional Experience. 7+ years writing/marketing experience in a B2B environment.
- Passion for writing and editing that makes an impact. A seasoned writer that is driven to create high-quality content that accurately reflects the brand personality and sounds consistent no matter who on the team has written it.
- Strategic Planning. A proven track record managing editorial calendars, workloads and processes.
- Energy, Passion and Creativity. Excellent writing, editing, interviewing and proofreading skills. Brings empathy to content writing and always looks through the lens of what’s in it for the reader.
- Performance. Proven ability to thrive and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. A solid understanding of current content marketing practices.
- Managing Relationships. Experience working with external agencies and freelance writing talent.
- Team Player. Builds bridges among cross-functional teams to achieve common goals.
- Ideally, this role will be based out of our Waterloo, Ontario office. You will have the flexibility to choose how you work - in office or virtually - with a requirement to be in the office 20% of the time if you live within 150km from the Axonify office. We're also interested in candidates who live within Canada and would like to work virtually 100% of the time, and have the ability to come to our office once per quarter. You will be provided with the tools, resources and support to ensure success regardless of where you physically work.
We know that what you bring may not look exactly like what we have listed here. And that’s ok if you don’t check every box! If you check off more than a few - great! We’d welcome a chance to get to know what you can bring, how you can add to our culture, and hear your unique story.
The Things You’ll Enjoy
- An impactful product that gives back to the communities and frontline workers that support our everyday lives.
- People with great attitudes that lead to great results through our values of Collaborate, Be Bold and Get It Done.
- A diverse Axonifam that celebrates unique perspectives and experiences that add richness to our culture.
- Leaders that trust deeply who leverage our skills, adapt to us as individuals and encourage us to be our best selves.
- Flexibility and choice. Early riser? Great, we offer flexible work hours. Prefer to work from home and in the office? No problem, we operate on a hybrid model where you work in the location that supports your personal and professional life. Mac over PC? Take your pick because we want you to have the equipment that you are comfortable with. East or West coast? We have employees that span across Canada, the US and the UK. Eid or Christmas? Our Flexible Holiday Program supports you to take the days off that matter to you.
- Professional growth. We’re learning experts and our excitement goes beyond our product. Not only do we offer Axonifiers daily learning, continual growth and broad experiences, we also offer a Professional Growth Spending account to encourage more development even outside of work hours..
- Wellbeing that supports our lives away from work. We love what we do, but we also love our lives away from Axonify and we encourage employees to enjoy their personal lives with generous vacation time, Axonify holidays, personal days, competitive benefits with a Wellness Spending Account, and in-house workshops such as yoga, financial planning or mental wellbeing and self-care.
Ready to join the Axonifam? Here’s what’s next.
Apply. Our Talent Acquisition team reviews every resume and cover letter submitted and are committed to providing an outstanding experience throughout your journey with us. Learn more about our candidate experience by visiting us at www.axonify.com/careers
We believe our team’s unique life experiences, backgrounds, cultures, beliefs and abilities add richness to our culture and depth to our ideas. Our ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that supports, empowers and delivers a sense of belonging for all members of the Axonifam. And while the journey is continuous—always learning and adapting—we know that when we help each other grow, we can achieve amazing things together.
We want to remove barriers that may limit you from joining Axonify. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how we can provide you with reasonable accommodations through our candidate journey.