Ubisoft teams are driven by their desire to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to moments of surprise, fun and adventure that also allow the player to learn and discover himself.
At Ubisoft, you have the opportunity to collaborate and evolve with passionate and pioneering teams, all over the world. You will evolve in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you will push the limits of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will fascinate our players.
As part of the development of Beyond Good and Evil 2, we are looking for a lead writer to join our team in order to help create and expand the world of System 3.
The primary mission of the lead writer is to contribute to a consistent and compelling narrative experience for BGE2, by working hand in hand with the Narrative Director and the whole Narrative team.
- Understand the intentions of the creative team and translate their vision into words
- Write descriptions that are compelling and expand on the lore
- Provide feedback on dialogue and story to narrative designers
- Collaborate with relevant internal teams, such as audio, animation, world design, and AI teams.
- Help flesh out character arcs and main story beats along with the Narrative Director
- Mentor more junior colleagues
You know the constraints and challenges that may arise when dealing with a production cycle, thanks to your former experiences in game development.
In addition, you are known for your:
- Outstanding & constant communication skills
- Overall good team spirit
- Game stories and content development, from conception to completion
- Storytelling and game design experiences related to game industry
- Impeccable English, both written and oral
- Professional writing experience
- Experience with open world games or games with non-linear narrative structures is a plus
- Having developed large scale stories for AAA games is a plus
Ubisoft strives to develop a work environment that includes the diversity of the player community in its teams. Ubisoft offers all the same opportunities for access to employment regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability and age.