We are searching for a Lead Writer to work on Back 4 Blood. The Writer will work closely with our Creative Director and project leads to create and oversee compelling stories, characters, and content that form the backbone of the game’s story.
- Lead the continuation of the core story and narrative elements as directed.
- Ensure the the tone and “voice” of the game is consistent.
- Make significant creative contributions to the game through story, dialogue, and other narrative elements.
- Gather and present reference materials and act as a resource for the design team.
- Edit and create written documents for internal review and milestone delivery.
- Create and maintain VO scripts and narrative in-game text.
- Collaborate with other departments to implement and refine dialogue content and systems.
- Participate in VO production process.
- At least 5 years as a professional game writer or screenwriter.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to take direction well.
- Candidate must provide an existing writing sample of their work for evaluation
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in English, Creative Writing, Theater or Film.
- Experience in other narrative-driven entertainment, such as film or television.
- Good sense of perspective - able to switch between "details" and "big picture" as needed.
Some of the benefits and perks our employees get to enjoy, include:
- Competitive salary
- 100% healthcare coverage
- 401k matching
- Profit sharing plan
- Generous time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Career improvement program
- Pet friendly office
- Fully stocked kitchen, sponsored food trucks, etc.