The lead writer for New York will create news pieces and page content as it relates to the state’s gambling industry, with an emphasis on sports betting. The writer will be responsible for about 5 to 7 pieces per week of variable length. While much of the content will be assigned, the lead writer will also be expected to generate content ideas.
- Write copy and news stories for Catena’s New York sites as well as New York-related regional sports and gambling content for sites elsewhere in the network of sites, on occasion.
- Generate story ideas and resources that would be of use to readers interested in New York sports betting and casinos and other forms of gambling, as well as sports teams and events in the state and region.
- Update and rewrite existing content, when necessary working with the site runner to identify the content and pages that need to be updated.
To Do It, You Will Need
- The lead writer for New York will ideally be physically located in the state once employed.
- At least two years of writing experience, with ability to produce published writing samples.
- Comfortable writing quickly and under deadline, while maintaining an attention to detail.
- Past experience writing about the gambling industry in general and sports betting is preferred but not required.
- Experience working in WordPress is also preferred but not required.
- Evening and/or weekend work will be required on occasion.
- The Lead Writer may occasionally be asked to travel to sites or events in the course of the job.
The job description doesn't imply an employment contract, nor is it intended to include every duty, task or instruction for which the employee is responsible. Other tasks may be assigned, based on business needs and the department supervisor's request.