CTW Inc. is a fast-growing IT company who owns and operates the online gaming platform G123. The games are based on renowned IPs, including Japanese anime, and can be played on different devices without requiring a specific app download.
After finding great success in Japan, the company is now looking to grow its player base around the world and to adapt its offerings for new markets with a number of new exciting IPs. We are now hiring talent from around the world, and planning to grow from 150 to 300 people in 2022, with the ambition to make a difference in the video game industry.
Who We’re Looking For
The candidate for this position must be a native English speaker experienced in writing for video games. The successful applicant will be a reference point for the language in a team of Japanese to English localizers and be responsible for leading writing efforts across several online game projects, ensuring the quality of the written output.
Would you like to help define the international voice of an ambitious gaming company? If so, we’d love to speak with you!
Please submit samples of your writing in addition to your resume.
- Ensure quality and consistency of the English in-game text written by a team of Japanese to English localizers (dialogue, character titles, story, item and skill names, descriptions, menus, stats)
- Define style guide and tone of the games taking into account the world and tone of the original IPs the games are based on
- Define tone and voice of the social media accounts for each game and for the G123 platform
- Final review and writing of PR content, news, campaigns, website text in English
- Native level in English
- Japanese ability at JLPT N2 level or higher
- Provable experience writing compelling content in English in the video game industry
- Background and/or training in creative writing and story structure
- Global outlook and interest in working with people from different cultures, ages and backgrounds
- Ability to make sense of chaos and to prioritize tasks based on business and team needs
- Interest in video games, with knowledge of video game terminology and language used in RPGs in particular
Good to Have
- Fluency in other languages, especially French, German, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Spanish
- Experience in localization, especially Japanese to English
- Visa support available
- Free lunch and early bird breakfast
- Free coffee, tea, and beverages, as well as snacks, sweets and vitamins/supplements
- Great office space located in the heart of Tokyo, with a panoramic view of Tokyo Tower and Mount Fuji
- Great work-life balance: overtime is discouraged
- Coverage of transportation expenses
- 30,000 yen rent allowance to all employees living within two metro stops of Roppongi 1-chome or Kamiyacho stations
- Bonus for continuous employment (50,000 yen per month added to base salary after continuous employment for 5 years)
- Health Insurance
- International environment
- Monday through Friday, 10:00AM to 7:00PM
- This position is in-office
- Year-End Holiday and Summer Holiday
- National Holidays
- Paid Leave (10 days initially, with 1 extra day each year up to 20 days)
- Congratulations and Bereavement Leave
SALARY RANGE: From 4M JPY to 5M JPY/year base pay, depending on skills and experience.
Hiring process: Submission of resume and samples of your writing → First interview (English) → Written assignment in-office or remote → Final interview with HR director or Team Leader → Offer.