We are on a mission to find an experienced, creative blog writer that will help us craft compelling stories and edit and optimize content from agency partners and freelance writers.
You will collaborate, working cross-functionally, with multiple departments to create blog posts and content that drives awareness and engagement with our target audiences. The ideal candidate will know how to research various topics and industry trends and produce content on tight deadlines. You will thrive in a busy work environment, be a team player who can work independently, and ensure the timely delivery of accurate, high-quality work.
As a member of the Brand & Communications team, you will have a strong work ethic, passion for the written word, and desire to exceed customer expectations. Excellent grammar and writing skills are a must for this position.
The Main Responsibilities
- Host monthly brainstorm calls with multiple departments, freelancers, and agencies to create new ideas and strategies for effective blog articles
- Create and own the department’s blog editorial calendar, collaborating with the content production team to ensure timely delivery of materials
- Edit and optimize all contributor content from agency partners, freelancers, and internal writers
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) strategies in writing to maximize the online visibility of articles in search results
- Prefer a candidate with experience in SEMRush and Google to identify keywords and search volume)
- Produce well-researched blog articles for publication online across multiple platforms
- Fact-check any data collected during the research process
- Prefer a candidate that has experience using Google Trends, Exploding Topics, and internal tools to develop relevant content
- Utilize industry best practices and familiarity with the organization’s mission to inspire ideas and content
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelors in English, Journalism, Education, or related field
- 7+ years of related experience
- Proven record of excellent writing demonstrated in a professional portfolio
- Prefer a candidate with experience writing for the technology industry, but is not required
- Creative writer, with strong verbal, and written communication skills, including the ability to give and receive feedback
- Strong command of AP style of writing and editing with a passion for the Oxford comma
- Exemplary problem-solving skills and accountability
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Refined ability to prioritize tasks while thinking ahead and planning accordingly for upcoming tasks
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications, knowledge of tracking edits in Microsoft Word
- Ability to thrive and be flexible in a dynamic changing environment
- Ability to work under direction as well as independently
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to think critically and analytically
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with conflicting deadlines in a fast-paced environment, from concept to deliverable, with expected deadlines
- Strong attention to detail.