Are you passionate about children’s media, screenwriting and YouTube?
We are looking for a junior writer who is passionate about creating children's content and fluent with digital media and short form storytelling. The writer will be based in Los Angeles, CA and work closely with the London headquarters and our network of creators all over the world.
You will be working on the most popular digital first children’s IP such as Little Baby Bum, Blippi, Cocomelon and Morphle. You will help develop and produce across a wide range of IP and content formats (e.g. live action, animation, puppets, audio content), for YouTube as well as all other major platforms such as Netflix, Amazon, Nickelodeon, Disney, WarnerMedia, PBS, Spotify, Sky etc.
The successful candidate will be a creative thinker who can juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities, with a strong emphasis on organization and meticulous attention to detail. They will have first-hand experience with the creative process from inception through to production for digital platforms such as YouTube and traditional broadcast, cable, and streaming platforms. They will have experience working across both short-form and long-form content, for narrative and music-based shows. This is a demanding and fast-paced role with growth potential that requires significant accountability and initiative. This position reports directly to our Head of Creative.
- Oversee production of scripts for linear and interactive content
- Develop and lead a team of writers, including review and editing of drafts and establishing a feedback loop with partners throughout the creative process
- Assist with content brainstorms and operate writers room as needed
- Serve as the character ambassador across Moonbug to ensure that our IP is on brand in content and marketing
- Review new pitches for linear and interactive content
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Creative Writing or Film Studies is preferred but not required
- 5+ years of creative media writing (At least partially in the kid space)
- 5+ years experience in Children's Entertainment, Scripted Series and/or Studio/Production experience required
- Comfortable writing and editing show scripts and copy for interactive content
- Passionate and knowledgeable about animated and live-action children's entertainment.
- Experience working across live-action and animation narrative and
- Experience on music-based shows is highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of character and story, working to brand guidelines, and a grasp of visual film-making language and techniques.
- Excellent communication skills; must be articulate and professional both in written and verbal forms of communication, particularly when it comes to emails, story documents, and pitches.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment, with a high level of organization and attention to detail. Ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines is a must.
- Able to interpret data and insights and leverage them in the creative process. Research and analytics experience a plus.
- Highly collaborative, resourceful, curious, and calm under pressure with a good sense of humor.