Designed by analysts but built for the entire team (security operations, threat intelligence, incident response and security leadership), ThreatConnect’s intelligence-driven security operations platform is the only solution available today with intelligence, automation, analytics, and workflows in a single platform. Centralize your intelligence, establish process consistency, scale operations, and measure your effectiveness in one place. To learn more about our threat intelligence platform (TIP) or security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) solutions, visit ThreatConnect.com.
ThreatConnect is currently seeking a Junior Technical Writer who can create and edit software documentation. The company is based in Northern Virginia, but this position is remote.
Things You Will Do
- Create and edit electronic versions of user manuals, apps and integrations guides, and knowledge base articles using Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, and Google Docs
- Capture user interface (UI) screenshots and edit them using Adobe Photoshop
- Enter and format knowledge base articles and other documentation and training material in the company’s learning management system (LMS)
- Work with various subject matter experts (SMEs), as well as the product’s UI, to obtain the information needed to create and revise documentation
- Ensure that documentation is reviewed and approved by SMEs in a timely manner
- Maintain documentation archives and repositories
Things You Might Do
- Writing a new knowledge base article to cover a new feature in an upcoming software release
- Updating an existing knowledge base article or administration guide to cover new functionality or UI changes in an upcoming software release
- Viewing a live demo of new product features by the engineering staff
- Editing and releasing a configuration or user guide for one of ThreatConnect’s apps or integrations
- Messaging SMEs to ask questions and resolve documentation issues
- Exploring a new platform feature to understand it and be able to document it
- Capturing and photoshopping screenshots from the ThreatConnect UI for use in documentation
You enjoy using writing to inform, teach, and train. You view the creation and manipulation of language as an art and a science. You get excited by the process of choosing words, phrases, and formats to solve the “problem” of how to effectively and efficiently convey information.
You are collaborative. You're a team player who puts the interest of the team above your own. You display a positive attitude, are open, and enjoy contributing.
Writing is your passion. It doesn’t just provide a paycheck. You are genuinely interested in what you do and the impact that it has on others.
You enjoy learning. You are a naturally curious person who loves to pick up and assimilate new knowledge. You are not afraid to dive into new realms of information, figure things out on your own, and ask questions when necessary.
You welcome new challenges. You view every unfamiliar situation as an exciting new area of exploration. Obstacles in your path are not there to block you, but to be analyzed, climbed, and conquered.
You are detail oriented. Your brain never stops analyzing things, especially when it comes to the written word. Whenever you spot a grammatical or linguistic error, you’re twitching to fix it. When writing or editing a product, you are intent on making sure that every detail is covered and clarified.
1-3-6-12 Month Plan
On day one we'll expect you to...
- Know how to use the Track Changes functionality in Microsoft Word and the Suggesting functionality in Google Docs to review and edit documents
- Know how to use Templates and Styles to ensure formatting consistency in Microsoft Word documents
At 3 months we’ll expect you to
- Have a basic understanding of the ThreatConnect platform, including terminology and main functionalities
- Know how to use the ThreatConnect LMS platform, including entering and updating knowledge base articles and using HTML tags to supplement the formatting
- Complete basic knowledge base article and administration guide updates for UI/screenshot and other minor changes
At 6 months we’ll expect you to
- Complete, with guidance, more substantive knowledge base article and administration guide updates for new features and feature changes
- Update integrations guides for requested changes or SME-provided edits
At 12 months we’ll expect you to
- Take a new feature for a major platform release through the full release cycle by attending demos, learning how to use the feature, asking questions of SMEs, writing new documentation, leading the documentation review process, and publishing and releasing the documentation
Our Team Emphasizes
- We work closely together and have an open flow of communication from management to the direct reports. Ideas and innovations are encouraged and welcomed!
This Job is Awesome Because
- Great company and position with the opportunity to grow with the organization and learn more about the technical/software industry
- 1-3 years of experience writing and editing software or other documentation, preferably in a commercial IT environment
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Word templates) and Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop.
- Basic HTML proficiency
- Experience working in GitHub, GitLab, or a similar platform
- Experience in knowledge management, training, course creation, or similar disciplines.
Added Bonus if You Have
- Experience in or a degree in a technical field
- Experience with API documentation
- Experience with training documentation
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) for vacation/sick, time
- Your birthday off
- Employee recognition program with quarterly awards
- Employee referral program
- Military leave options available
- Education reimbursement program for job-related college courses and professional training
- Quarterly events with your geographic team
- Annual company party
- MEDICAL PREMIUM FOR INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES ARE 100% COVERED
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Company-paid short term and long term disability
- Company-paid insurance and AD&D coverage
- Pet Insurance
- 401K retirement savings plan with company matching program up to 6%
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical, dependent care, transit and parking)
- Cell phone stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave.