Hi, we're Fever & Secret Media Network!
Fever is the leading entertainment discovery platform, with a mission to inspire people through experiences. We are looking for bar-raisers who want to work hard, have fun and make history with us. Fever combines its marketplace and Secret Media Network (such as Secret London, Secret NYC, Secret Los Angeles, Madrid Secreto, Paris Secret) through technology to reach over 30 million people every single week. Fever has also rolled out Fever Originals, which are proprietary events in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences and develop new, unique experiences.
Fever & SMN are present in over 50 cities worldwide, in countries such as the UK, US, Canada, France, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, and Spain, and are constantly striving to expand to new markets. Backed by top-notch institutional investors, including Rakuten Capital, Accel, and Atresmedia, we have continued to disrupt the entertainment space (even during the pandemic) with socially-distanced event launches like the Stranger Things Drive Into — the largest event in the world in 2020!
About The Role
Your responsibilities will include:
- Finding brilliant stories and generating lots of article ideas for different Canadian cities.
- Writing engaging, accurate and informative articles*, *at pace, about those topics
- Researching different cities in-depth, and becoming an expert in the most important venues, events, news stories and happenings in that city
We're looking for someone who has:
- Perfect, native-level written English
- Some demonstrable previous digital writing experience
- Very sharp news sense of what makes a story shareable
- Strong familiarity with a variety of social media platforms
- Preferably some familiarity with digital publishing tools
- An organized approach to managing a beat
The Application Process
We'd like someone to start as soon as possible, so we recommend applying at the earliest opportunity – recruitment will close as soon as we have the right slate of candidates.
Our application process includes:
- telephone interview
- edit test
- "in-person" interview
To apply, please send your resume, a cover letter telling us why you'd be a great fit, and any links to relevant work!
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Flexible schedule
- Working with a young, international team of talented people!