✨Lollipop is making the mundane magical ✨
We are cooking up the fastest and most enjoyable shopping and cooking experience in the world. We want to help busy families and those overwhelmed by the pressures of daily life ultimately enjoy this chore. We are laser focused on building a product that doesn't just look after everyone but our planet too, so helping to reduce the £10 billion of food waste thrown away every year is a huge priority for us.
Our diverse founding team of 12 have built businesses such as Monzo, Curve and Florence and our backers have scaled companies like Ocado, Innocent, Babylon and Deliveroo. We know what it takes to build products enjoyed by millions of people across the world. In order for us to complete our mission though, we need to find like-minded folks who care about the same things we do - that's where you come in.
Despite being early stage, we’re well funded and ambitious, making this an exciting time to join the team for the right person. We need a fast-moving, highly-driven, Junior Recipe Developer & Writer with a natural sense of what tastes great, alongside experience with the challenges involved in commercialising this.
🧑🍳 The Role
As a Junior Recipe Developer & Writer at Lollipop, your goal is to create a recipe experience our users can’t live without. You’ll work cross-functionally to iterate and build fun, easy and family-friendly recipes. You’ll contribute to the creation of accurate, well-written, nutritionally-sound recipes that will help our customers do the big shop in little time.
You’re someone who makes things happen despite ambiguity and can calmly handle periods of breakneck scaling and moments of chaos. You have a passion for food, nutrition and solving real customer problems.
What Your Day-to-Day Will Include
Work alongside our Head Chef to develop fun, fast and family-friendly recipes each week from start-to-finish:
- Cook Up* – Create and/or test 50 simple and tasty family recipes using detailed recipe concept briefs provided to you. This role involves preparing and consuming all foods, including allergens.
- Write Up - Write detailed recipe instructions using our Lollipop recipe framework and style guide.
- Nutrition, Allergens + Lifestyle Icons - Input accurate information with regards these key variables.
- Recipe Feedback - Implement any changes to recipes following management, professional testing or consumer feedback.
- Proofreading - With eyes like a hawk, check that all recipes are written accurately and in accordance with Lollipop's brand tone of voice.
All practical kitchen work is currently on a WFH basis.
- FTC Rate Range: £20K - £30K pro-rated
- Duration of project: 6-8 weeks
- Location: We work both at home and in the office in London, with dedicated office days to see the team.
🎉We'd love to hear from you if...
You have a passion for food and are classically trained with the appropriate french knife skills - we might film you chopping sometimes for recipe videos! An ability to write clearly and succinctly with a dash of fun is also strongly encouraged!
Bonus Points If You Have...
- Impactful experience in developing recipes for a recipe box start-up, supermarket or cook-book.
🖖🏽How You Operate
Think big - you're inspired by the start-up pace, you approach everything from first principles and have the determination to clear hurdles to get things done.
Move fast - you learn fast, you set just the right pace, you collaborate well and you're a clear communicator that can explain food to non-foodies in an easy way.
Make it better - you think about the bigger picture, you have a growth mindset with yourself and others (including a healthy relationship with feedback), you're hard on problems not people and you seek out diversity in all its lovely forms.
🏅Why you should join us
No matter how fast we scale, we won’t forget that our incredible team is a wide-ranging group of individuals who deserve a personal touch. We’ll need to move fast and work hard to achieve our mission but we firmly commit to ensuring our workplace is motivating, diverse, inclusive, honest and transparent throughout the journey.
Other Benefits To Working With Us
- An open and collaborative company looking to develop a world-class product team
- Minimal hierarchy - you’ll work closely with the founding team from the start
- Opportunity to join user research and see how customers interact with your recipes directly.
- “Just enough process” - no more, no less
- Flexible and sustainable working hours
- More perks as we (and you) think of them
- Opportunity to grow this project-based role into a full-time position with perks like a MacBook Pro, permanent salary and EMI share options.
🤝 How We’ll Get To Know Each Other
We are so egg-cited to meet you! 🥳 We’re mindful and respectful of your time, so our process shouldn’t take more than about 4 hours in total and will typically consist of:
- an introductory conversation (30 mins)
- a recipe-writing task (45 mins)
- a role specific practical task (1.5 hrs)
- a culture interview (30 mins)
💜 We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We believe that our team is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Lollipop, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
(NB We’ll only work with recruiters who come via a warm recommendation or we have a relationship with. No direct approaches!)