Squarespace is equally defined by our products and the advertising campaigns that promote them. From the iconic Emmy award-winning John Malkovich work, to last year’s Super Bowl ad featuring Dolly Parton, creating buzzy and beautifully designed communications is a top priority.
As we continue to build our in-house creative team, we’re looking for a copywriter who is strategically and conceptually strong, fluent in their craft and able to work across a wide range of deliverables including TV, print, radio, out of home, social, digital, partnerships and events.
*This role will report to the Staff Creative Writer in our new Los Angeles office. *A portfolio of relevant work is required to be considered.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
You’ll Get To
- Develop and execute creative concepts for Squarespace brand campaigns by taking a marketing brief/strategic initiative and telling a story that ties back to a larger business goal in a beautiful, compelling way.
- Collaborate with other Art Directors, Senior Copywriters, and Designers to build a visual world for something and determine how it can live across multiple platforms/media.
- Write headlines and scripts in the Squarespace voice that push the brand forward.
- Have a POV on production trends and directors/production partners.
- Become knowledgeable of the Squarespace product as campaigns work includes product launches.
Who We’re Looking For
- A portfolio that shows strategic and conceptual campaign thinking applied across a range of deliverables
- Impeccable writing craft.
- Ability to create compelling presentations and sell work to stakeholders.
- Broad awareness of trends in culture and technology.
- Experience running productions and partnering with directors, photographers, motion designers and illustrators.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Free lunch and snacks
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence.
Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock.
Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees.
At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.