Slumberkins is a leading children’s educational brand on a mission to promote early emotional learning. Co-founded in 2016 by Kelly Oriard and Callie Christensen, an educator and a family therapist respectively, they saw a need for an intentional children’s brand that reinforces a positive attachment between children and their caregivers. Our stories use research-based techniques to teach little ones important social-emotional skills, providing digestible therapeutic techniques for parents to use, and normalize conversations about big feelings.
About the Position
Do you love a good pun? Are you a “typo detective''? If so, read more! We are looking for a clever Jr. Copywriter who can write both long and short form copy to support our in house Copywriter. Candidates must be comfortable writing in various copy styles (taglines, email copy, and digital ad campaigns) in a fast paced environment. You must also have a sharp eye while helping to support in proofing assets before they are delivered.
This is a remote-based position. You will have no direct reports but will have considerable peer collaboration, and report to our Copywriter. This position will also help support and collaborate with our Social Media Manager, Educator Marketing Manager, Campaign Manager, Digital Ads team. This requires a self-starter who should be able to prioritize workload, pivot quickly based on the needs of the business while turning content around quickly with minimal information. Proven experience with brand copywriting is a must. Experience with lifestyle brands is a plus!
Please submit a cover letter with your application.
This position is Temporary: mid-September through December 2022. This position is not temp-to-hire.
- Actively participating in concept meetings and work with creative team to bring campaigns to life
- Support in the writing and/or proofing all marketing content for core business, including emails, digital ads, blogs, catalog, mailings, inserts, social media copy when needed, etc.
- Writing for multiple audience segments, as well as varying levels of brand awareness
- Support when needed any web needs including landing pages, banners, PDPs, etc.
- SEO copywriting for website/blog content
- Maintain copy docs and communicate with stakeholders throughout projects timeline
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving
- Self-starter with the ability to ‘make things happen’
- Flexibility and adaptability to ever changing environment
- Strong written and oral communications
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Creative thinking to improve efficiency
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.
Slumberkins is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunity is available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), military and veteran status, or disability status.
This temporary position does not qualify for benefits.