Huckberry is looking for a creative, quick-witted Junior Copywriter to join our Copywriting Team and completely own the production of our product pages. Your day-to-day assignments are unique and exciting—at any time of the day you might be writing about a heritage waxed canvas brand from the UK only to switch gears and write about some cutting-edge Japanese camping gear.
Huckberry carries a wide variety of products, and the Junior Copywriter gets to write about all of them—using Huckberry’s voice to translate tech specs into approachable, relatable, and inspiring descriptions. All the while you’ll be working with our Buying Team to ensure the product page assignment and scheduling process is locked in.
You’re the right candidate for the job if you’re able to seamlessly transition from creative writing to detail-oriented planning—it’s a major plus if you describe yourself as hyper-organized. Communication is essential for thriving in this role, as is the ability to think ahead and spot issues before they arise. But at the end of the day, we really want someone with a fresh, keep-it-real perspective that compliments the Huckberry voice.
Qualified candidates should have writing experience and a knack for spinning yarns that really draw people in—after all, these pages are the bridge between the customer and the product itself. The role would report directly to a higher-level Copywriter as well as the Managing Copy Editor.
- Own the Product Page Production Process from start to finish
- Be able to write engaging copy for our various product pages which includes a ~90 word story, the key features, material breakdown, and sizing specs
- Easily handle 100+ product pages a week during peak holiday preparation and seasonal transitions
- Work with Buyers to schedule upcoming product launches, ensuring copy is ready well in advance
- Communicate with our freelance writers, edit their work when it comes in, and slate their upcoming work
- Wrangle product page edits that come through, including sizing information, disclaimers, promotional deals, and more
- Pitch in with other copywriting needs such as crafting brand write ups, taglines, callouts, and any other copy that might be on the website
- Collaborate with the Social Media Manager on copy for upcoming social posts—both product focused posts and customer-engagement posts
- Assist with brainstorming subject lines and proof-reading the mailers
- Contribute to our diversions channel with interesting stories we should be sharing with our community
- At least 1-2 years of copywriting experience
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills, with a proven track record of creating engaging content
- A keen understanding of grammar and spelling
- The ability to write like a human, not a copywriting machine (yes, those exist)
- An ability to work well with tight turnarounds and adapt to changing gameplans with ease
- Highly organized and proactive, always looking for ways to push the Huckberry voice forward while still keeping on top of the day-to-day
- A love of men’s apparel, gear, and adventure
Our mission of inspiring and equipping adventures is at the core of everything we do. That's why in addition to competitive market salaries and benefits, we have a generous vacation policy, paid time off to volunteer, flexible work from home time, a sabbatical program (recent employee trips include a surf and yoga retreat in Morocco, dog sledding in Norway et al.), summer "See You Out There" Fridays, white water rafting trips, and, of course, loads of free gear.
Huckberry is a leading men's lifestyle retailer and magazine. Over a million guys trust us as their go-to resource for the best gear, adventure inspiration, and a lot more. We were recently named one of IAB's most disruptive consumer brands, and we've collaborated with everyone from Matthew McConaughey and Kelly Slater to brands like Lululemon and Coors. We look forward to meeting you!
Want to get know us better? Check out our:
- Journal: http://huckberry.com/blog
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Huckberry
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/huckberry
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Huckberry
Huckberry encourages candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are always eager to further diversify our company, and we are committed to providing an inclusive environment of mutual respect where all can flourish. All of our employment decisions are based solely on merit and business need.