At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite athletes, actors, influencers and more. Not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from anywhere in the U.S. We’re a remote first company with an entirely distributed team.
💰Get all good stuff. Health insurance, 401(K), access to resources of a top tech incubator, and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next great tech company!
About the Role
We’re looking for a Jr. Copywriter to join The Creative Studio. As our punctuation prodigy, you’ll touch all customer and talent touchpoints that include but aren’t limited to email, paid, social, and product copy. You want it—we got it.
You’ll work with our in-house team and our outside partners to consistently ensure our brand sounds and feels like Cameo aka magical but with an edge ✨ You'll also be part of brainstorms with our entire marketing team to develop ideas and messaging guidelines for ongoing campaigns.
An online portfolio is required.
We’re a Match if You Love
- Writing obvs. Words are your jam, and em dashes your kryptonite. Your fight for simplicity. You can easily switch from witty to thoughtful without losing your voice in the middle.
- Paving the (creative) way. You know how to turn big thinking into engaging and effective copy concepts.
- Collaborating but brainstorming independently. You’re comfortable sparking and sharing ideas, even if we’re not all in the same zip code.
- Being meticulous. Ty.po who?
- Fandoms. You know a little bit about everything. Extra points if you’re into sports.
- 1-3 years of copywriting experience for a publication, brand, and/or agency.
- Enthusiasm for working at a startup: a fast-paced place where flexibility is essential.
- An understanding of pop culture and entertainment’s latest trends.
- Ability to actively contribute to strategic brainstorming, creative brief development, and creative execution.
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.
We are working on becoming compliant with Colorado regulations. Until then, this role can not be performed in Colorado.