BrainPOP is an online K-12 educational solution that makes rigorous learning experiences accessible and engaging for all. Proven to raise academic achievement, BrainPOP has been a trusted resource to more than six million educators, and engages the hearts and challenged the minds of over 300 million learners worldwide.
BrainPOP provides endless opportunities for kids to take agency over their learning through playful, knowledge-building content and learner-driven projects, preparing them for success in the classroom and beyond.
We’re seeking a Jr. Copywriter to join our growing Marketing and Brand team.
In this role you will
- Coordinate with designers to bring a variety of marketing collateral to life.
- Create friendly, enticing copy for sales enablement and product marketing materials.
- Craft pithy, attention-grabbing headlines for all different media platforms.
- Distill dense educational language and defined pedagogy into digestible and enticing longform content.
- Proofread and copy edit materials.
- Help shape our brand voice and tone.
- Ensure all materials are consistent with brand voice.
- Translate ideas and concepts into thoughtful and engaging solutions.
- Be a champion for all creative work, helping those around us understand why what we do is invaluable.
- Contribute to positive work culture within your team and outside of it.
- Able to work methodically and meet deadlines.
- Capable of extracting key messages out of dense materials to create simple, engaging copy.
- Detail-oriented and passionate about your craft.
- A consistent and relentless self-starter who takes initiative and welcomes feedback and collaboration.
- Excited about the opportunity to help shape a distinct voice in EdTech and understands the responsibility that comes with it.
- Someone who understands the difference between decoration and design and is a strategic thinker.
- Flexible and open-minded during project changes and works well with other departments.
On Your Resume
- Experience in advertising, marketing, sales departments, education, edtech or fintech
- Writing sales collateral
- Working on multifaceted campaigns
Life at BrainPOP
Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value Diversity & Inclusion, collaboration and learning from multiple perspectives, and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work.
Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
- Corporate Donation Matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Paid Life Insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Friends & Family BrainPOP Subscription
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Wellness Activities (ClassPass Membership)
- Annual Performance Bonus & Equity Appreciation Plan
- Company Events (happy hours, volunteering opportunities, trivia nights and monthly Town Halls)
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach, and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching and always-learning community.
Due to COVID-19, all BrainPOP employees will be working remotely through April 2021.
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.