Bakery is a creative and R&D company headquartered in Austin, TX with offices in Tokyo. We work with trendsetter brands to launch products that informed consumers want. Brands like Nike, Shiner, T-Mobile, and Audi turn to Bakery to achieve their business goals by using data to inform great storytelling through innovative media channels. In 2020, Bakery was named #2 Best Place To Work by AdAge in the small agency category.
We're looking for a hungry and energetic Junior Copywriter. Bakery writers should have an inimitable passion and ability to concept and write great ideas. Junior Copywriters must have a desire to constantly improve and hone their skills by finding creative ways to solve any brief that comes across their desk.
If you can write better than most, listen better than almost all, take feedback like a professional and work on something without frustration until you get it right, you may be a good fit for the role. Read on for the rest of the job specs.
- Conceive and execute ideas aligned with the strategy and brand in a timely manner.
- Deliver a range of ideas across different verticals and non-traditional channels, including manifesto writing, scripts, print, digital display, and social post copy.
- Present ideas to internal teams in a strategic, comprehensive manner in order to sell them through.
- Ensure all work is impeccable when it comes to spelling, punctuation, grammar, and writing style.
- Take direction and guidance from creative leaders on the development of your work and the best paths to rework or improve it.
- Work with design and production teams to craft & deliver ideas beautifully & thoughtfully.
- Get better! We will provide you every opportunity to grow your skills, but it will be up to you to push yourself.
- 0 to approximately 1 year of experience at a creative agency; internship experience at respected agencies.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating expertise in creative writing.
- A restlessly creative mind is a must! At Bakery we’re asked to innovate on a regular basis, not tread the beaten path. This means you must have opinions and ideas, along with a voice to express them properly and within the context of a brief.
- Good understanding of how an agency creative team functions.
- Grammar and spelling authority.
- Strong copy editing and proofing skills.
- Attention to small details.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- General knowledge of tech platforms and their limitations.
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- Summer Retreats
- Pet Friendly Office
- Yearly Creative Stipend
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401K + match
- No Time Tracking!