ZOE is a fast-growing health technology startup on a mission to help people eat with confidence. Running the largest in-depth nutrition study in the world and using cutting-edge data science, Zoe analyzes your unique gut, blood fat, and blood sugar responses so you can understand how you respond to food and take control of your health.
Founded by entrepreneurs who have built billion-dollar businesses and one of the world’s top scientists, Zoe has grown to over 100 employees since starting in 2017. We are also the team behind the COVID symptom study app, with over 4.5+ million users.
We are always looking for innovative thinkers and doers to join our team. Together, we can improve human health and touch millions of lives.
About the Role
ZOE is looking for an SEO health and nutrition writer on a freelance basis for our health content. As a freelance writer, you will be responsible for writing ZOE’s SEO-oriented health articles. You will:
- Conduct research around the assigned keyword.
- Use up-to-date, credible resources.
- Ensure that the information is presented correctly in the context of the particular discipline, and that the content is backed up by science.
- Write an SEO-optimized article that can compete and rank highly in Google.
- Understanding of SEO best practices for writing
- Experience writing scientific/medical/nutrition content
- Ability to source and understand medical/biomedical/nutrition studies
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- A firm grasp of American English and AP style
- Experience working in a freelance capacity
- Experience working to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Bonus points if you have a medical, nursing, nutrition or pharmacy qualification, or a Ph.D. in a biomedical field (but this is not necessary).