At LoveToKnow Media, we believe the good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge.
Our five distinct brands share a mission to make the world smarter. Unique in their content yet unified in their purpose, LoveToKnow, YourDictionary, WordFinder, GolfLink, and Bibliography.com compel expansive and engaged audiences of consumers who seek specialized subject matters.
Spanning 14 time zones, we cultivate exceptional talent from around the world. A global perspective is what fuels our success and ability to be one of the largest and most well-rounded digital media portfolios in the world. As one global community, we work collaboratively across continents and cultures to create informative content that truly makes the world smarter. Our flexible approach emboldens our employees to work in the environments that play to their strengths, including fully remote roles and flexible in-person roles in the heart of Barcelona.
Remote, Full Time
LoveToKnow Media is seeking an experienced Health & Wellness Editor who will play a critical role in the editorial evolution of the Health and Wellness category of LoveToKnow.com. This editor position will report to the Managing Editor and execute a content strategy to elevate the health sections of the LoveToKnow.com’s ecosystem. The Health & Wellness Editor must have exceptional editing and writing skills and have proven experience creating health lifestyle content that’s unique, data-driven, brand-aligned, and engaging. This role will oversee a team of LoveToKnow Health+Wellness Writers.
LoveToKnow editors are responsible for creating and editing content to ensure overall quality as well as adherence to our guidelines and best practices. Editors work closely with writers and the managing editor to make sure that articles meet our readers’ needs. Editors are also responsible for regular meetings and communication with writers and the managing editor, and performing other editorial tasks as assigned.
- Manage a team of writers on assigned topics in the health and wellness space
- Responsible for overall content quality and authority
- Analyze content KPIs for performance and tracking
- Research and suggest article ideas
- Regular meetings with the editorial team
- Edit submitted articles to ensure overall quality
- Flag published content for updates and/or rewrites
- Communicate with team members in a timely manner to answer questions and provide feedback
- Monitor image requests, working with the image specialists to ensure image quality
- Training and hiring new writers
- Strategizing content direction and resource needs with leadership team
- Providing feedback, ideas, and suggestions for improving the reader experience, editing process, or any other aspect of the editorial process
- Experience editing in the health and wellness digital space required
- Expertise in the health and wellness space a bonus
- Strong editing and writing skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to think like our audience and recognize quality content
- Great communication skills
- Ability to provide constructive criticism to writers in a positive manner
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Basic understanding and knowledge of SEO best practices
- Understanding of images and how they enhance written content
- Experience editing a variety of content styles including (but not limited to) articles, image galleries, quizzes, polls, and recipes
- 100% Remote, Work from Home Company
- Retirement plan with 3% Company match
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Premium membership to Headspace app, to align with our Work/Life Balance Mantra!